The Wall

The Wall

A Chapter by Not Colin
"

a clip from Chapter: The Wall of Endfall

"

Riddley led Milo down a long hallway. The walls were painted green and the ceiling was curved, lined in a goldish wood. There were more than a dozen doors, each with a red door knocker. At the end of the hallway Riddley stopped at the final door and raised his hand at Milo, who stood at least two lengths behind, signaling a halt. Riddley let out a soft breath, holding his position for a moment and putting his ear up to the door. Milo just now noticed a haze forming near the ceiling and drifting down, a light colored smoke. Milo wasn’t sure that was comforting.

                “What I’m about to show you will brand your role in this ordeal.” Riddley pushed a hand shakily towards the handle of the door. “I knew you were of great capabilities.”

                “I hope you’re not overestimating me.” Milo said.

                The door swing open swiftly with a loud creaking sound and Riddley rushed inside. It was nothing more than a shallow closet, the inside as cream and dusted as the living room. But in front of the door there stood a small table with a locked chest atop it.

                Riddley spread his wrinkly hands over the lock and faintly hummed a tune. “This,” he said, pulling a key from his pocket, “is what was left of the project I worked on.” He put it in, turned it twice, the lock clicked. Riddley opened the lid of the chest, and revealed a bundle of items laid in red velvet. On top, something black, made of a thick cloth material. Riddley grasped it and raised it up. “The cloak,” he said. He turned it over, and Milo saw the symbol of a lion displayed under the hood. It was a cloak of mighty quality, he suspected.



© 2016 Not Colin


Author's Note

Not Colin
this book is available on Amazon Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FWERVFK

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on October 17, 2016
Last Updated on October 17, 2016
Tags: mystery, fantasy, book, novel, gift, weapon, world


Author

Not Colin
Not Colin

MI



About
Creating worlds, all day every day. more..

Writing
Venom Venom

A Poem by Not Colin


Night Bird Night Bird

A Poem by Not Colin


not not

A Poem by Not Colin