if you know what i mean

if you know what i mean

A Poem by luna rose

animals have magnets in their

feet--know when to

retreat

 

for humility requires a knowledge of

scale

 

for an animal just is

and

 

I told you that I

was

 

but that was never, never--darling--never

enough

© 2018 luna rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is a moment in your second stanza where if you are willing to stand still and listen completely you will hear a depth that is desperate to be revealed. It is the depth between the difference between being alive and existing. A moment that is much like when a cloud has accepted its "magnet" and separates from its rain. It's there and when you listen with your entirety the depth of this poem reveals itself. You have to want to know and greet it, hear it and feel it with senses other than your norm or you'll miss it and what a terrible thing to miss. I can't say that it exists the same for all things, because it does exist and it feels so personal, but I can say that if does exist and if you are willing, you'll feel and know it and that for me is my appreciation in all moments and in all beings. Thank you for writing this poem. I hope others can see and appreciate what you mean. If not than a flesh and bone is all you'll get from this, which is enough for most, be we claim ourselves as poets and it is vital to know the thorn if you wish to see the rose. Thanks.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Added on July 24, 2018
Last Updated on July 24, 2018

Author

luna rose
luna rose

Sedona, AZ



About
ˈfemənən fēˈaskō more..

Writing
bretagne bretagne

A Poem by luna rose