A PORT OF CALL

A PORT OF CALL

A Poem by KCthelastboyscout
"

Being saved after losing all hope

"
Abandoned then exiled. Set to sail in no particular direction. The skies turn grey and the rain mercilessly descends upon me. Each drop feels like blades to my skin. I pray for death...

From one torture to another. As the rain subsides, the sea becomes angry. The waves grow stronger tossing my ship from side to side against its will. I am helpless as I await my fate. This will not be a quick end. There will be suffering and I'm afraid...

God's reprieve. The sea is calm. A tranquil several hours benefit me greatly. Suddenly a miraculous site. Land, slightly beyond reach. As I sail closer within a reasonable eyesight, I behold a peculiar image.A mirage. A beautiful mirage. Unimaginable this could be real. A woman in the guise of a goddess awaits my arrival.In tattered pieces, my ship grounds on the shoreline...

Cautiously I walk to her open arms and welcoming smile. At first, in her embrace, I felt shame.But then I become overwhelmed with a comfort I haven't felt since my mother's arms. What I am now belongs to her. She takes me by the hand and together we walk into a journey unknown...All this time, saved at last

© 2018 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
Just throwing ideas on the wall and this one stuck

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another beautiful writing. I wonder, do you write these form experience or from imagination?

Yari

Posted 6 Years Ago


There are so any ways one could take this. Did the man, in fact die? His reward for all the trial and tribulation he endured this miraculous woman.
Or is he suffering and while doing so hallucinating. Imagining that he is not only safe, but found by the woman of his dreams.
I found this to be a very interesting piece.
Take care - Dave

Posted 6 Years Ago


I enjoyed the story and the journey in the words.
"Cautiously I walk to her open arms and welcoming smile. At first, in her embrace, I felt shame.But then I become overwhelmed with a comfort I haven't felt since my mother's arms. What I am now belongs to her. She takes me by the hand and together we walk into a journey unknown...All this time, saved at last"
The above lines. Kind, wonderful and hopeful ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote


Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2018
Last Updated on January 11, 2018


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..