HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL MYERS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL MYERS

A Story by KCthelastboyscout
"

homage to one of the great movies of all time and and all its terrible sequels

"
A sudden rainstorm interrupts Dr. Loomis's train of thought as he sits in his office. He steps away from his desk to look outside of his window. Flashes of lightning, rolling thunder and drenching, pouring rain. Convenient for a day like this.
He walks out of his office and down the long corridor to the Juvenile and Adolescent unit of the Smith's Grove Sanitarium. He continues walking to a separate corridor leading to the lone teenager located in the furthermost secured room of the unit.
As he approaches the door, Dr. Loomis prepares for his latest confrontation. He takes a long deep breath and using his hand wipes his brow. He opens the door and discovers Michael Myers sitting with his back turned, staring out the window. With the exception to eat, sleep and use the bathroom, this is his usual routine. He does not read or watch television. He does not speak or make any attempt to communicate. It has been eight years since he murdered his sister and has never uttered one word...
"Good morning Michael. Are you familiar with today? Does today mean anything to you?" Dr. Loomis knows Michael will not respond to any of his questions. He has ended his hope for a breakthrough a long time ago.
"Quite a sight outside. When I was a boy, I enjoyed rainy days like this. I would have to stay inside for bad weather. I didn't mind because i was an only child and i was used to staying inside and being alone."
Dr. Loomis closes the door behind him, but keeps his hand on the doorknob. This will be a short conversation.
" It's been quite a few years for you and I up to this point. We've come so far and I know we will never get to where we need to be. I know what you are Michael. I know what you will become. But today, and maybe for the last time, I see you as a human being. Sixteen is a special age, but I know that means absolutely nothing to you..."
Dr.Loomis prepares to leave, but looks back at Michael one last time...
" Happy birthday, Michael."
Michael slowly turns around and looks in Dr. Loomis's direction. This is the first time Michael has responded through
communication. Dr. Loomis is stunned and turns pale white as he prepares to run out of the room, but cannot move his legs.
Just as Dr. Loomis once described about the eyes of Michael Myers. Dark and piercing. Soulless...The devil's eyes...
Michael shows no facial expression as he slowly turns back around in his chair and continues staring outside the window. Dr. Loomis closes the door and exhales. He leans against the wall and comes to a startling realization...Michael Myers must never leave this place...

© 2018 KCthelastboyscout


Author's Note

KCthelastboyscout
Just writing using my imagination after watching a Halloween movie marathon

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

KC - You brought me to a place I've never been before. I found it dark and spooky which I believe was your intent. A very interesting story.

Take care - Dave

Posted 5 Years Ago


the twist to the end is what i liked the most... sociopaths has their own culture to speak of if i can term it as culture.. the way they can feel nothing is really what surprises me... but watching too many episodes of criminal minds and reading patterson's novels help a lot in understanding their culture. Nicely written KC a wonderful exploration of a new style of writing

Posted 5 Years Ago


very good diagoniois very good story man keep on writing

Posted 5 Years Ago


I concur with Dr. Loomis' diagnosis (conclusion?)...Michael needs to stay right where he is. I bet he finds a way to get out on the 31rst, though, KC--whattaya say, are you a bettin' man?
Nice write, man.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

555 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2018
Last Updated on October 24, 2018