God?

God?

A Poem by The High Poet
"

This poem may piss some people off or not. This is just one of my thoughts on the subject.

"

God?

Is there a God in the sky?

Looking down deciding who shall die

Up there sitting at his prayer buffet

Wondering who he should kill today

****

People say that God is everywhere

But I have never seen him there

So where do people go when they die?

If they don't go to a heaven in the sky

****

I believe in energy that will never die

It's all around us, in the air and in the sky

So when the body dies where does the energy go?

Thats my question, one of the things I don't know

© 2011 The High Poet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a very decent piece. A true open minded writer (that cannot relate or is religious) would actually look at this and say that it greatly illustrates a new world that they have never seen before or as a new learning experience from another perspective, rather than get pissed off.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

NIce poem. Very thoughtful indeed. It's a nice place to start. I think that with further work, you can make it stronger. :)

Here are a few examples that I think could help:

People say that God is everywhere.
But I have never seen him ANYWHERE.


So when the body dies, where does the energy go?
That's my question; someday I would like to know.


I would really like to see this poem develop into something. Keep working on it, and sharing it with people.

Thanks for the great write, and I look forward to seeing where you take it. :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


A thoughtful write indeed - I often wonder where the energy that compels us around this world goes when we die - to use Science as an example if 'Energy is neither created nor destroyed' then perhaps we become stars - they are infinite.
Thanks for sharing this.
Light,
Siddartha


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked this piece a lot, the starting is just perfect.
Though I was not convinced by the closing section, I guess there can be more to it..

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think the only people who would be pissed off are ignorant ones and are not open-minded enough to take a step back and look at it from another POV. I, personally, find it very welcome because I've been having trouble where my beliefs lie. As a child from a whole line of scholars and scientists, I found it difficult to completely accept the ways of the church that I attended. I just recently found that I don't have to completely agree with either Christianity or science and choose one, but I can embrace both because I believe they go hand-in-hand. Anyway, I ranted too much again (sorry!). I really liked this and it was very welcomed. Thanks and keep up the good work!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really liked this one, too. I liked the point you put in it, the inspiration. Asking a question everyone wants to know. Great job :D
Keep writing,
Jade

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


How did the Greeks, the Romans and the Vikings cope with such poly-theological conundrums? Was Venus just another name for Aphrodite, or were they two distinct goddesses of love? Was
Thor with his hammer a manifestation of Wotan, or a separate god?

Who cares? Life is too short to bother with the distinction between one figment of the imagination and many. Having gestured towards polytheism to cover myself against a charge of neglect, I shall say no more about it. For brevity I shall refer to all deities, whether poly- or monotheistic, as simply 'God'. I am also conscious that the Abrahamic God is (to put it mildly) aggressively male, and this too I shall accept as a convention in my use of pronouns. More sophisticated theologians proclaim the sexlessness of God. I am aware that critics of religion can be attacked for failing to credit the fertile diversity of traditions and world-views that have been called religious. Anthropologically informed works, from Sir James Frazer's Golden Bough to Pascal Boyer's Religion Explained or Scott Atran's In Gods We Trust, fascinatingly document the bizarre phenomenology of superstition and ritual. Read such books and marvel at the richness of human gullibility.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


you have (along everyone else) have put god (or the concept of god) in a small limited frame of conception, existence and understanding... dont limit your mind... we know only as far as a few seconds before or rather during the big bang, who knows whats beyond this...so keep the possibility open for the existence of something supernatural beyond the frame of human existence and laws... things go beyond measure...who knows maybe its energy, but i personally dont believe in the religiously inherited concepts of heaven and hell... nor god!
so yeah... i believe in energy too!

i like it!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Existence is "God." YOU. Not so much your acculturated ego, as conventionally useful as that sometimes is. Naked Attention. Buddha's smile, which is any sentient being's smile upon Awaking. Everything is literally made of nothing, as reports from the realm of quantum physics aver. The one who asks questions about the afterlife is the one who has not quite realized what NOW is. Buddha was the classiest "big name" exemplar of all time for his insistence on tapping the ground and absolute liberated clarity in the present moment. SPACE of unwavering contemplation undoes the presumption of self and other and world and a binding definition. All the metaphysical texts suggest that postmortem destinies take on many forms, contingent upon the habits of attention in this common life. When the body dies, the energy goes where it will. The intuition of simplifying the grace of naked attention not only clarifies human life, but is the best approach to death. The beauty of this consideration is it has its own power and doesn't require any kind of belief. Belief is beside the point. The deepening of radically simplified contemplative attention is its own infinite reward.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


I would like to see this poem in my contest. this is the link. I like your words here an answer to your question. great job here!

INVITATION AND CALL FOR SUBMISSION: PHILOSOPHICAL CONTEST FOR SOPHISTS OR "HOW DOES GOD LOOK LIKE?" GIVE ME YOUR IDEA, BE QUIRKY AND OR CREATIVE, REASONABLE OR CLASSICAL, I LIKE IT ALL!


http://www.youtube.com/user/PhilosopherFresh

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

843 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2010
Last Updated on January 23, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

The High Poet
The High Poet

Guelph, Guelph, Canada



About
Once I ran and hid my face Scared to face my disgrace Always running no way out Now I stand and shout THESE ARE MY RHYMES! When I write it's like I have tapped into some kind of creative ener.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Son My Son

A Poem by A.Lee