How to defeat Depression- a change of perspective?

How to defeat Depression- a change of perspective?

A Story by Bivita

Depression is a menace and has been a global boiling pot issue, with everyone becoming more and more impatient and crazy than ever. The rising number of people giving up on life arises various questions in our minds, but one ever-standing question- are we so worthless in our eyes? Is it so meaningless that the breath of our happiness has been overshadowed by the gasps of sorrows and despair?

An extensive and deep analysis is quite important in this matter-and many researches have been done pointing towards various psychological factors-but I don't want to make it one more boring read, loading this article with data and statistics. I just want to keep it as simple as possible so that everyone can churn and reason it in a simple way, digesting with themselves the mindset that leads us to take such a humongous step.

Depression is a shadow that never leaves, until you are strong enough to own up to it and believe the light inside you is brighter than anything in this entire universe. Too much? I don't think so. Because it is the exact thing I want to focus on. The more we try to shush the darkness inside of us, more our inner light starts to dim. You need to fathom what you are dealing with and as soon as you do that, you can feel that faint light trying to find a way across the chasms of gloom.

Everyone goes through some phase of depression in their lives and it's okay to feel that. We need to accept the fact that we ARE SAD. Try to be bold enough to face your sadness, and once you gather up the courage to do so, the grass WILL BE greener on the other side. That will make you stop pitying yourself and you will start realizing that you are IN CHARGE. It's easy to look up to our ideals and try to imitate them(they are only human). But what about being your own hero? Respect yourself enough, Love yourself enough. Believe in yourself enough. It's OKAY to mess up. Be proud of your mess. Don't feel ashamed.

....You have to mess up everything first to get the best out of yourself. Because once the mess is made, you figure out exactly the point from where you need to start cleaning it up.

© 2020 Bivita


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amen! Very wise write. I feel I learned something's in reading this.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Bivita

3 Years Ago

Thank you Frankie!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 25, 2020
Last Updated on June 25, 2020

Author

Bivita
Bivita

Hyderabad, Telangana, India



About
"Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to despair" more..

Writing
Love. Love.

A Poem by Bivita