Unexpected attack.

Unexpected attack.

A Story by thearsonist
"

A girl wakes up in the middle of the night in pain.

"
The pain's like someone just stabbed your chest. The excrutiating pain that I have to withstand every now and then. I gaped for air as I try to sit up straight. 

It hurts.

I tried lying down again. Again, my mouth gaped open as if the level of oxygen in my room fell drastically. As I forced myself to lie down, I body began to shiver and the pain was worst. I tugged my shirt and slowly positioned my head on my pillow.

I slid my hand into my shirt & felt my heartbeat.
It's beating irregularly again.
It was slow, really slow for one minute.
Few seconds later it raced as if I was chased.
It loses pace and starting to beat slowly again..

This is not good.

I widened my eyes and looked straightly at the ceiling. I took a deep breath. 

Inhale.
Exhale.

The pain's killing me. I can't move properly. I can't even breathe properly. Why is the pain coming back? I thought it was gone. Why is it coming back? It's been months after the last 'attack'.

I started to sweat despite the room being cold as the airconditioner was on all day long. I looked around me. My room was dim as the only light source for the night was the light from the toilet in my room. My phone was on my laptop table, which is next to my bed. If I could only reach it...

I was determined to try to get up. I placed my hand over my chest and tried again to sit up. With a painful cry as I attempted this, my body was shaking, I was trying to catch my breath as beads of perspiration rolled slowly from my forehead down to my chin...several times rolled to my eyelids...as I blinked, it made my vision more or less blurry.

After a slow, painful attempt, I was sitting straight up. I gave a sigh of relief. My head is aching and my heart was beating so fast it felt like it would burst out of my chest any minute now. With my right hand over my chest, I started to look frantically for my phone. The hand over my chest was an immediate and my natural response to the pain when these 'attacks' came.

My phone was underneath the book I bought the other day. With my left hand free, I hurriedly texted my mother, who was in her room, about my 'attack'. My medication pills were in the kitchen and I was too much in pain to get out of my bed to go get it. Trying to sit up was too much of an effort already. 

Good thing I have a bottle of water on my table. I grabbed the bottle, lift open the lid and gulped a quarter of it down my throat. 

I'm sure my mother got the text. I heard her faint footsteps. I sighed loudly. 

I was scared to even lie down again. But this time it was alright. I lied down comfortably this time, no shaking, no whatsoever. I smiled. 

It was too soon. The stabbing pain came back, even worse than the first attack. This was crazy. I can hear my heartbeat going wild at one second and slow, slower the next. I can't take it anymore. I let out a painful cry. I was already tearing up. 

I heard my mother's footsteps again. I think she just left the kitchen. 

With my hand tugging on my chest, tears running down my cheeks...all I can do now is wait.

© 2010 thearsonist


Author's Note

thearsonist
based on experience. so yeah, thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
Added on December 20, 2010
Last Updated on December 20, 2010

Author

thearsonist
thearsonist

Brunei



About
18. trying to find ways to express myself without being judged & ridiculed. I just finished my exams and now waiting for my results. I wish to major in Geology or Marine Science. Writing is one way .. more..

Writing