The Psychology of a Lime

The Psychology of a Lime

A Poem by Cake Box
"

The bitter tale of an unfortunate scoundrel. Miss Marple you only WISH you could solve this! However the conclusion is as skeptical as the skeptics.

"

Failed as a lemon
Inferior at best
Envious when ripe
Acidically depressed

Jaded and surly
Drowned in pools of white rum
Courting the jury
Fades the heat of the sun

An iced over kiss
With an odd sterile scent
Twists coconut's bliss
Strikes a most fateful end

And such is the lime
With mystery gone sour
It's sunny day crime
The unlucky devour

Constable H. Ball has concluded that the unsavory Sir Lime murdered his sweet and popular lover, Lady Coconut in a jealous rage.  Her body was found in her seaside manor, Palm Hall on the blessed Lord's day by her cook.  The deceased is mourned by Lady Margarita, sister of the victim, who graciously insisted of her sister and the killer that "theirs was a love born under a ill-fated star. Fates be blamed, none else."  Obituaries and memorials for the late Lady of Palm Hall will be given by her friends in a week from now.

As for Sir Lime, he fled for the West Indies by ship as a wanted man. In a satirical twist, his body washed ashore in a barrel three nights ago on Rum Beach only miles from Palm Hall. The coroner report states that the cause of death is unknown, though the Constable disagreed publicly saying, "only a fool would fail to recognize a drowning. A body found in the sea is a drowned one."  The authorities refused to comment on the safe arrival in port of Lime's ship only hours after the death.  All investigation of the mysterious incident has been concluded.
Lime's body continues to go unclaimed and will be buried in anonymity as is fit for a heathen and a criminal.

© 2012 Cake Box


Author's Note

Cake Box
You put the lime in the coconut and you drank them both up.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on November 19, 2011
Last Updated on August 10, 2012

Author

Cake Box
Cake Box

Angel Food Cake, Rainbow Sprinklies, Canada



About
I had my cake, ate half and tossed the rest in the freezer for posterity. Why wouldn't you want to read my wisdom? After all, it's a big, bad world with plenty of complications. I update on every f.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Cake Box


Unemployed Unemployed

A Book by Cake Box