VII.

VII.

A Chapter by Kristen

          Hermione sat with Draco, quietly. They weren't talking and the only movements were coffee mugs to lips. She could feel his gray eyes piercing into the side of her face, but she wouldn't look at him. She simply watched cars pass by the small Muggle cafe they sat in. Draco cleared his throat to get her attention but she ignored it.

"Hermione." He mumbled.

"Hmmm?" She finally looked at him and he took her left hand in his. He opened his mouth to speak, but she already knew what he was going to say, so she quickly started talking before him. "Look, you've got opinions. I get it, Draco. That doesn't necessarily mean I want to hear them. I never asked." Draco pulled his hand away and put both of his in his lap.

              Lately, it had been difficult to keep Draco happy. His father was in critical condition and his mother was resenting him for being with her. She loved being the one he came to for help and guidance, but hated how everything was always about him. He was so frantic anymore and just wanted control, which he clearly couldn't obtain. It was out of his reach.

"I just want you to know how I feel so you don't make me mad or something. I don't like when you do things I don't approve of." Hermione's eyes shot daggers at him with a cocked eyebrow and clenched jaw.

"Oh, what, you mean like this?" She pulled out a flask from her bag and poured the clear liquid into her coffee. Draco clenched his jaw as she sipped the now alcoholic drink. Hermione smirked as she drank. Draco shook his head at her and she chuckled. "Who cares if you disagree? You're not me, nor do you make my decisions."

"I'm your boyfriend though, Hermione! Shouldn't I have some kind of say, especially if it involves something dangerous like alcohol?" He was louder than normal and a few people in the cafe looked at them.

Hermione sighed and rolled her eyes. "You're being possessive and stupid. You don't need to save me. I'll ask for help when I need it, thank you very much." She set down her empty mug and leaned back, crossing her arms. Draco sighed and hesitated before standing up.

"I'll see you at home," he mumbled as he walked away. Hermione groaned, grabbed her purse and followed him. "Draco!" she yelled as he walked twenty feet in front of her. "You were the Prince! Not a King! You can't expect me to just sit by and watch you try to control my life!"

Draco stopped and Hermione knew she'd gotten through. He turned around, his eyebrows furrowed. He stared at her until she stopped a few feet in front of him.

"You're unbelievable, Hermione."

"Why? Because I have opinions that go against your own? Do you want me to just be silent and hold everything in? I'm not going to ride away on your delusional sunset with you, Draco! That's bullshit! You're only trying to control my life because you don't know how to control yours!" Hermione ended in shouts and realized what she said. She saw Draco's eyes slightly gloss over and he turned his back to her. She heard one blubber out of him and heard a small pop from him Apparating away. She scolded herself for being so dumb with her words and followed his lead, Apparating home.

Hermione didn't hear Draco and assumed he'd gone back to work or to Blaise's house. She shrugged and didn't think much of it. She mentally noted to apologize when she saw him.

        Hermione heard Draco stumbling through the dark apartment and she turned on the light next her the couch where she'd been sleeping. Draco stopped and stared at her. She couldn't tell if he was angry or if it was just a too bright of light for him. Hermione stood and wrapped the blanket around herself as she walked over to Draco. He wrapped his arms around her and she felt slightly better.

"Let me hold your crown, King Malfoy." She whispered. He pulled away to smile at her and she returned the grin. "I love you. Remember that." He kissed her and brought her back into his arms.

"I love you too, Hermione. I'm sorry for being a dictator." Draco felt Hermione shrug.

"It's okay. You do have some say in my life." She mumbled. He sighed at her and kissed the top of her head. He took her by the hand and lead her over to their bedroom. He dropped the blanket from her, undressed her slowly and lay her down on their bed. He slowly revealed himself as well, and climed into bed right next to her. Loyalty laying together.

He was King and she was his beautiful Queen.

 

King of Anything - Sara Bareilles



© 2011 Kristen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on July 16, 2011
Last Updated on July 17, 2011


Author

Kristen
Kristen

Middlebury, IN



About
Ohai. x) I'm Kristen. I'm in high school. I like Harry Potter, obviously. Proud Slytherin right here. I have an obsession with Dramione and Drarry. But I'll basically read any pairing. :) more..

Writing
Mhmm. Mhmm.

A Story by Kristen


Yeah. Yeah.

A Story by Kristen