Undying Fairy

Undying Fairy

A Poem by Mr. Misanthrope
"

The quaint story of a fairy dancing without a care in the world...until I kill it.

"

Fairy, fairy, so content

Can nothing destroy this sweet lament

Of world's worries and pretty

Willows?

...

My favourite.

As I bask in your blind joy

And dream of no tomorrow

...

Monday.

I cannot help but wonder what

You lost, your mind,

To the golden apples and their w****s in the Hesperides

Apples, Apples, so many...give me indigestion

No wonder they're yellow!

Dancing, Dancing,

Dreaming slowly,

Getting dirty, for experience

Turning, turning,

No, not on Fire

But your heart is

And difficult to boil, Like

Jack's butchered gender.

...

...

Nothing can awaken

This little creature's

Nightmare

It will dance

Forev--(Bash)

Stupid fairies!

Bloody pests if you ask me.

© 2008 Mr. Misanthrope


Author's Note

Mr. Misanthrope
In case some of you were wondering what most of the things mean in this poem, I'll just clarify them for future readers:
(1) Willows are my favourite trees
(2) I hate Mondays. Who doesn't?
(3) I thought going off track with the golden apples bit would provide a different and original path into this poem, so that I wouldn't bore you with constant rhymes of happiness and how this fairy's joy will never end. This is also underlined when I kill the fairy myself. :) Obtaining the Golden Apples of the Hesperides was one of the tasks given to the Greek mythological hero, Heracles, by his mother, Hera. I called the maidens in these gardens 'whores' so as to add something completely unexpected to the poem. This unexpectedness is abused even further when I state that these golden apples give me indigestion. The colour of gold, i.e. yellow, means that they are rotten. Lol. I decided not to add the legendary dragon guarding the Golden Apples, seeing as how it would have been too much an emphasis on Greek mythology.
(4) The part about Jack and the heart refers to a favourite thriller of mine, From Hell, starring Johnny Depp, and based on Jack the Ripper. Near the end of the film, Jack takes out his last victim's heart after butchering her, and starts talking to himself, explaining that the heart is an intensely difficult organ to boil.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Welcome Luke to VC. Hope your stay will prove a rewarding experience.

A very interesting poem, some bizarre thoughts strung together, but I wonder what they mean to you. I would love to see you mention in Author's Notes what inspired you to write the poem. Well written, and thanks for giving me the opportunity to read and review.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

amazing piece of work!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well I think this is a great poem! I especially live the end, because the whole poem has fairies dancing and happiness, then BASH "STUPID FAIRIES!"
I love that part! Great work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is simply an awesome write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well I have to say this poem was very well written though I am a huge fan of fairies!!
(and fantasy creatures) I love the way you add different things to the poem like the golden apples and
mythological hero and stuff. I can tell you put quite a bit of thought into your work and it has a very
unique voice. you know how sometimes if you read a certain piece of work you just know exactly who
it belongs to because of his or her voice? Something like that I really enjoyed reading it PLUS BONUS! Your favorite thriller includes my favorite actor Johnny Depp! (*smiles*) :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hahaha. Nicely done, and I especially enjoyed the Greek mythology bit. I bet some of your thoughts would drive the rest of us insane ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting piece. I enjoyed it, nice work!

-Howl

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

f*****g amazing you should read some of my stuff i think you might like it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this poem!!! It strikes me as a humorous insanity, an attempt to make sense of nonsense.
The explanation at the end kind of killed it for me. It makes more sense than I think you think it does.

Brilliant!! keep writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bravo!

I LOVE this piece.

Its insane:| But in a well put way:)

It is a very unique piece and i am glad you explained it. I had guessed about the Jack the Ripper refference, and i knew what the golden apples were, but i never thought of seeing them in the same piece, and so well merged really, the way you entertwine all these things into such a short piece is amazing.

Its kind of brutal, really, the ending, but that makes for the perfect ending.

Very snakey and twisty and tripping and it does, really, sound like a carefree dance, reckless abandon and what not:P

Wonderful write:P

Indubitably my favourite of yours.

(it makes me think of Corny(cornelius), a character from the books Tithe and Ironside by Holly Black)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great job! Amusing and great till the finish. The detour in the middle with the apples was very structural and it went well with the poem. That gave it more class than just somebody ranting--you put in references to Greek Mythology and that was good. But what was way better was that you completely de-romanticized it with your indigestion. So unexpected.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1497 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 9, 2008
Last Updated on September 19, 2008

Author

Mr. Misanthrope
Mr. Misanthrope

Malta



About
Join my group: Night Syndrome more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain