Undying Fairy

Undying Fairy

A Poem by Mr. Misanthrope
"

The quaint story of a fairy dancing without a care in the world...until I kill it.

"

Fairy, fairy, so content

Can nothing destroy this sweet lament

Of world's worries and pretty

Willows?

...

My favourite.

As I bask in your blind joy

And dream of no tomorrow

...

Monday.

I cannot help but wonder what

You lost, your mind,

To the golden apples and their w****s in the Hesperides

Apples, Apples, so many...give me indigestion

No wonder they're yellow!

Dancing, Dancing,

Dreaming slowly,

Getting dirty, for experience

Turning, turning,

No, not on Fire

But your heart is

And difficult to boil, Like

Jack's butchered gender.

...

...

Nothing can awaken

This little creature's

Nightmare

It will dance

Forev--(Bash)

Stupid fairies!

Bloody pests if you ask me.

© 2008 Mr. Misanthrope


Author's Note

Mr. Misanthrope
In case some of you were wondering what most of the things mean in this poem, I'll just clarify them for future readers:
(1) Willows are my favourite trees
(2) I hate Mondays. Who doesn't?
(3) I thought going off track with the golden apples bit would provide a different and original path into this poem, so that I wouldn't bore you with constant rhymes of happiness and how this fairy's joy will never end. This is also underlined when I kill the fairy myself. :) Obtaining the Golden Apples of the Hesperides was one of the tasks given to the Greek mythological hero, Heracles, by his mother, Hera. I called the maidens in these gardens 'whores' so as to add something completely unexpected to the poem. This unexpectedness is abused even further when I state that these golden apples give me indigestion. The colour of gold, i.e. yellow, means that they are rotten. Lol. I decided not to add the legendary dragon guarding the Golden Apples, seeing as how it would have been too much an emphasis on Greek mythology.
(4) The part about Jack and the heart refers to a favourite thriller of mine, From Hell, starring Johnny Depp, and based on Jack the Ripper. Near the end of the film, Jack takes out his last victim's heart after butchering her, and starts talking to himself, explaining that the heart is an intensely difficult organ to boil.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Welcome Luke to VC. Hope your stay will prove a rewarding experience.

A very interesting poem, some bizarre thoughts strung together, but I wonder what they mean to you. I would love to see you mention in Author's Notes what inspired you to write the poem. Well written, and thanks for giving me the opportunity to read and review.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

WOW!! i like fairies, their sexy. at least i think so. but i like this poem, it's very.... i don't know. but i think its good. and it was kinda funny at the end when you actually killed the fairy, mean, but funny nonetheless. and the author's note is funny too. Jack the ripper started talking to himself after taking out somebody's heart? and i would like to ask something. why would he say the heart is the most difficult organ to boil? had he been eating human hearts? i would hope not. LUV IT!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love this poem so i will add it to the finalist

Posted 15 Years Ago


A delightful tale of twisting paths and sublime honesty. With gleeful hints of the annoyance these dear fairies cause, that digestive upset in the flow of the world's day to day, you take us where many fear to tread - crushing the little buggers and putting us out of our misery. This was a cheerful piece, but then again - I am not so sure about my sanity... :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a very well done piece of work. I felt sorry for the fairy i must admit. (I like fairys so what can i say?). they way you did the poem was very original, and very well thought. Keep it up. :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It twisted and sweet and very good!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lmao! that was the best ending ever...this is a lovely poem though dude. i've actually never read a poem of this nature before. you have a rare talent!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When I read this poem, I cannot help but picture this huge being arching over the earth and stompin on ppl. Jack's butchered gender? I thought that u meant that Jack was somewhat emasculated. Either way your interpretation fits better. good stuff. It brought me from frolicking through the fields on a sunday morning, to a bizzare decapitation on monday evening. lol. Good poem!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting write, it flows nicely and the story is intriguing.

Thanks for entering my contest and the best of luck.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This goes from sweet and fairy dreams to dark and horrible thoughts. I loved how you twisted the poem like that.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem really surprised me, (I like surprises!) I thought the apples were yellow, because you hate the sun! The sweet first stanza is made even more so by the last stanza! I did have to read your author notes to "get" the whole poem. Enigmatic poetry, truthfully, not my favorite kind, but I have a simple mind. The world is complicated enough, as it is! Good write! Barbara

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1503 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 9, 2008
Last Updated on September 19, 2008

Author

Mr. Misanthrope
Mr. Misanthrope

Malta



About
Join my group: Night Syndrome more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain