My Someone

My Someone

A Poem by Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI7rmMDilRc (Performance / narration)
We all miss someone I guess, even though mostly we are not sure who we miss. Yet we search for that someone whom we think is a savior and the bringing of peace and love, we often doubt they exist at all but we miss them none the less.

I used to walk alone empty handed watching lov
ers kiss and I missed you. I used to walk burdened watching friends chatter and laugh, oh I missed you so much then. I used to walk unseen through crowds watching families dance and sing and I missed you then. I guess I seek a love that is not a dressing for a wound but a love that can cure the wound, that's what i miss. I awake in the morning and avoided all mirrors because I know someone missing will be found. So many people un-found by me in a world of darkened corners. Am I someone's someone, is there a cry for a person like me echoing through the canyons of frustration and rivers of solitude.

Love lost like coins down the back of the sofa. Destined for forgetting until one day you search behind you and realize the combined wealth of all that loss. So hard though to long for tomorrow when all you have is yesterday waving like a flag stabbed down into the depth of your heart.

So I will carry on missing someone, whoever you are. Maybe I can take solace that my someone is missing someone too. I will keep hoping that maybe, just maybe they might be right when they say there is someone for everyone.

I must hold faith that I will find you,
One day.



copyright 'The Human Voice' 1997-2007. All rights reserved
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI7rmMDilRc

© 2013 Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)


Author's Note

Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI7rmMDilRc Visual Version

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

my goodness, mark, you sure know how to write about love in a really abstract, wonderful, and beautiful way! I love the idea of missing the person we are going to love even if we dont know them and holding out hope that you will find them someday.

Yet another fantastic piece from a fantastic author! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)

11 Years Ago

Smiling very wide x Thank you Lucy Fer
Lucy Morningstar ♥

11 Years Ago

Lol anytime



Reviews

my goodness, mark, you sure know how to write about love in a really abstract, wonderful, and beautiful way! I love the idea of missing the person we are going to love even if we dont know them and holding out hope that you will find them someday.

Yet another fantastic piece from a fantastic author! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)

11 Years Ago

Smiling very wide x Thank you Lucy Fer
Lucy Morningstar ♥

11 Years Ago

Lol anytime
Oh how this can be related to in every way and aspect. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is brilliant...well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much x
A sea of humanity, each person a drop, forever seeking meaning and union; all the while failing to grasp the nature of the universe, their existence and their relation to the sea. No two drops are ever exactly alike as is this piece. It sings the same song but in its own special way and in so doing, endears itself to us. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)

11 Years Ago

Nice metaphor UFO, the sea is a chemical bonding of Hydrogen-Oxygen. Bound together with Hydrogen bo.. read more
Ufi Auttorri ~ UfoAuthor

11 Years Ago

Indeed! Well put.
lovely .. enjoyed this x

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)

11 Years Ago

Thank you x

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

482 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2012
Last Updated on March 26, 2013
Tags: love, hope, someone, longing, alone

Author

Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)
Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)

Worcester, United Kingdom



About
http://www.youtube.com/user/HumanVoiceThe (You Tube Channel for Performance Poetry) Without the darkness that surrounds them the stars could not shine. I give praise and thanks to the darkness for a.. more..

Writing