My Magician

My Magician

A Chapter by Ashe Conten

My magician is a sort of imaginary friend, the kind that never disappears. She is not a delusion since I am not, in fact, schizophrenic. I would much rather describe her as a figment of my imagination, a fantasy if you will. In past years I have tried to describe her without offending her since I'm not overly fond of being in bad blood with her, but she takes most everything as offensive, so I have given up trying to please her most the time. I will try again, however, to describe the character I have so vividly created.
I wouldn't say that she is the kindest of people, in fact, she is a very unpleasant user of sarcasm. She is very closed off, self-isolating, and passionately against ever explaining herself. She believes she is above other minds (including mine) because of her intelligence. I can honestly say she is the most arrogant b***h I have ever had the misfortune of meeting, let alone sharing a head with. Often she has led me to hurt myself, destroy relationships, and it has occurred in more than one instance that she has requested that I kill myself. Once I remind her, of course, that she would die as well if I were to take my own life, her opinion quickly changes. 
I am convinced that I would be much better off if I had never imagined her, but I cannot deny that she does help me in day to day life. She is quite brilliant, and a wonderful actress with a frightening skill for lying. I would be lost without her, and she is undoubtedly my closest and oldest friend.


© 2017 Ashe Conten


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your story drove me to a brand new world, it took me out of Harry potter (finally... :D) and I kinda teared up a bit, it was sad how the person asked to be killed, once again, keep it up! :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Creative dialogue that drives your story. Interesting relationship with fantasy person. Bizzare but it works.
Richie b.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The first line drew my attention. However I was a bit upset when she requested you to end your life. I think you need to talk her out...Though it was not what I expected, it gave me a different perspective.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ashe Conten

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and thanks for the review

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 15, 2017
Last Updated on March 15, 2017


Author

Ashe Conten
Ashe Conten

Atlanta, GA



About
HI SAM Surprise XD more..

Writing
Truth Truth

A Poem by Ashe Conten


Eagles Eagles

A Poem by Ashe Conten



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..