Letter 11: Frolicking Around

Letter 11: Frolicking Around

A Chapter by The Joshua Letters

In the previous letter, I began expanding on the assumptions of the Matrix Theory and declared that there is a God and that He is our father, which is tied to Assumptions 1 and 2. Now let’s continue.

 

Assumption 3 of the Matrix Theory is that God purposely created the Earth in a manner such that there would be viable evidence that He created it, but also viable evidence that He did not. This is a very important principle that is directly tied to Assumption 2: that God wants us to learn faith by hands-on experience. Faith is such an important topic, and we will discuss it more in future letters, but for now, I will only define it to give better understanding of Assumption 2.

 

The dictionary states that faith is “a strong belief based upon apprehension rather than proof.” What is apprehension? The dictionary defines it as “understanding or grasp.” If we turn to religion for a definition, we find in the Bible that “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Thus, if we combine these definitions and insert them into Assumption 2, we get “God wants us to gain a strong belief in and a hope of things that we must come to understand or grasp based upon evidence that we gather via hands-on experience, but for which there is no proof.” Interesting! Why would God (our father) want to put us in a situation where we must learn to believe in and hope for things that we can never prove? Be thinking of that, for there is much to discuss later, but for now, let’s take what we have learned about Assumption 2 and carry it over into Assumption 3.

 

Whenever I present Assumption 3 to my scientific friends, I find they have a great deal of trouble with it, to the point of getting a bit angry. I suspect that this is a result of it being purely logical. When discussing the question “Is there a God?” you must allow for both answers to be possible, and, as I detailed previously, the possibility that the answer is “yes” eliminates the possibility of ever proving that the answer is no. Therefore, there is no way to eliminate the possibility that God exists. If He does exist and we are His children, and He wants us to learn faith by creating this Earth as a place for us to learn it, then the only way for Him to successfully accomplish that goal would be to make the world and universe according to Assumption 3.

 

In other words, if the basic tenants of religion are true and God does exist, then for him to have created this Earth as a place where faith could be learned, He would have had to make it in such a manner that there were at least two strong, viable options for us to choose from. Thus, God would have had to have purposely made the Earth and universe in such a manner that strong evidence exists to support both options, and yes, that does mean that he created false evidence indicating that he did not create all things. Therefore, Assumption 3 literally means that all physical and scientific evidence is worthless when applying it to the question “Is there a God?”

 

Furthermore, it means that all such evidence is equally useless when applying it to any of life’s great questions. This is because under this assumption, there is no way to know if what we have found by scientific means is valid evidence or planted/false evidence. We may find as many fossils and layers of the earth as we like; we may peer into the universe as far as we can and collide particles to our hearts’ content. None of it has any bearing whatsoever when considering how it all got there because of Assumption 3 and its connection to Assumption 4,  that the Earth and universe are only virtual creations.

 

This is what I mean when I say that if God exists, then trying to understand life’s great questions on any other terms than His is illogical. If He exists, then all the research, experimentation, and exploration that we have done as humans in effort to explain how we and our Earth and universe came into existence amounts to nothing but frolicking around. If God exists and the Matrix Theory is true, then all such efforts amount to nothing more than frolicking around inside of our own consciousness while we sit plugged into the program, which God created as a means of giving us the opportunity to learn something very important, faith.

 

You can see now why my science-minded friends get frustrated with the Matrix Theory. However, they are stuck with the fact that it is founded in evidence that their side discovered, namely that the Earth and universe are not made of solid substance, but rather light and conscious energy. Thus, whether they like it or not, their side has established, and continues to establish Assumption 4 of the Matrix Theory, and it is this assumption that makes the whole theory come to life.

 

If you recall, I nearly jumped ahead of myself a few letters back and stated that I wanted to cover a principle that would bring the Matrix Theory out of the movies and into real life. Well, that principle is tied to Assumption 4 and thus, we can now dive into it. We will do so in the next letter.

 

Until then,

 

Joshua



© 2020 The Joshua Letters


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

U should publish these stuff as a book if u already haven't.

Posted 11 Years Ago


you always had the idea that I can't believe you can actually think of =]

Posted 11 Years Ago


A lot of strong points made in this blog. I do my best to stay away from the discussion of religion. More people died for the sake of religion then land and oil. Thank you for the well researched document.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting. You make some valid, thought-out points.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice. Ima new Christian, and you lost me a lil. but I did like it was about God :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


unfortunately evolution nor the bible can be considered true science because they are neither measurable, repeatable, or observable so it truly does take faith to believe in either one......

Posted 12 Years Ago


Certainly this was extravagant.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting..more people of all levels of knowledge and experience should be reading this..I shall have to return to the beginning
in order to give more thorough feedback

Posted 12 Years Ago


very nice
An easy read
well written
~Amai

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

901 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 31, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2020
Tags: science, religion, creation, evolution, origin of life, origin of man, quantum physics, theory


Author

The Joshua Letters
The Joshua Letters

OR



About
Who are we? What are we made of? Where did we come from? Is there a God? Answers unlike any that have ever before been presented lie within the pages of The Joshua Letters. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Not Today Not Today

A Poem by Thea