Letter 13: The Light of Truth

Letter 13: The Light of Truth

A Chapter by The Joshua Letters

In the previous letter, I introduced a concept that is a logical derivation of the assumptions of the Matrix Theory, that if God is our father, then by definition we are also gods who simply haven’t grown up yet. This concept is evidenced by what we have been discussing at length in these letters, namely that we have the ability (at least in some small degree) to do what God does: influence matter by our intentions and consciousness efforts. Also, this concept fits with perfect logical consistency together with the other surrounding truths that we have been discussing. However, to illustrate this, more information is needed. Let’s start by addressing a new question: “What kind of beings are we?”

 

So far, we have only discussed the relationship that we have with God (He being our father), which is valuable information, but it only serves to tell us that we are the same thing that He is. It does not tell us what “exactly” that is. However, as we have discussed at length in these letters, trying to answer questions of this nature on any other terms than His is illogical. Thus, the only means we have to answer this question is scripture.

 

We learn early on (first chapter of the Bible) that God made us “in his own image.” This is valuable information, given that God could have created us to look any way He wanted to, and consequently differently than what He does. Therefore, this information tells us that we look similar (in keeping with the parent-child relationship), but it does not answer the question at hand. It does not tell us what kind of beings He and we are. Thus, we must keep searching, and as far as I can find, nothing in scripture answers this question. However, writings exist that do offer information on the subject. What writings are they? Well, this brings us back to what I referenced in Letter 1, the writings of the Mormons.

 

Now, before I proceed, I must tell a bit of my experience with the Mormons. During my struggle to grasp the concept that we are young gods, I presented the concept to a religious acquaintance and found that he considered the concept heresy. He also accused me of getting the concept from the Mormons. Well, I had not gotten it from them, but I was very interested to know of others who had arrived at this same conclusion. Thus, I sought them out and found that indeed they do believe this along with many other things that are quite unique. However, I did not get any new information from them (the members and missionaries of the church that I spoke with) to help me answer my questions. In fact, they too were quite uneasy about all my thoughts and theories, and although they did not accuse me of heresy, I could tell that further discussion with them would not serve any purpose, and so I bid them adieu. However, they allowed me to keep copies of their books and I later discovered that these books do address many important concepts directly relating to what I have been searching for, including information that answers (or at least lends significant insight to) the question “What kind of beings are we?”

 

The Mormon books that provide this information are ‘The Pearl of Great Price” and “The Doctrine and Covenants” (strangely, I found nothing that addressed the topic in their main Book of Mormon). I will start with what I found in The Pearl of Great Price.

 

This book is comprised of writings that the Mormons claim were written by Moses and Abraham (of the Bible), and it is the writings of Abraham where I found what I was looking for (in Chapter 3). The context is that of God speaking directly to Abraham and teaching him about the creation of the universe, i.e. the stars and planets. In this conversation, God used a principle that is applicable to the stars to set the stage for presenting something more. I cannot do these writings any justice by paraphrasing, so I think it best to simply include them:

 

1 And I, Abraham, had the Urim and Thummim, which the Lord my God had given unto me, in Ur of the Chaldees;

 

2 And I saw the stars, that they were very great, and that one of them was nearest unto the throne of God; and there were many great ones which were near unto it;

 

3 And the Lord said unto me: These are the governing ones; and the name of the great one is Kolob, because it is near unto me, for I am the Lord thy God: I have set this one to govern all those which belong to the same order as that upon which thou standest.

 

4 And the Lord said unto me, by the Urim and Thummim, that Kolob was after the manner of the Lord, according to its times and seasons in the revolutions thereof; that one revolution was a day unto the Lord, after his manner of reckoning, it being one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest. This is the reckoning of the Lord’s time, according to the reckoning of Kolob.

 

5 And the Lord said unto me: The planet which is the lesser light, lesser than that which is to rule the day, even the night, is above or greater than that upon which thou standest in point of reckoning, for it moveth in order more slow; this is in order because it standeth above the earth upon which thou standest, therefore the reckoning of its time is not so many as to its number of days, and of months, and of years.

 

6 And the Lord said unto me: Now, Abraham, these two facts exist, behold thine eyes see it; it is given unto thee to know the times of reckoning, and the set time, yea, the set time of the earth upon which thou standest, and the set time of the greater light which is set to rule the day, and the set time of the lesser light which is set to rule the night.

 

7 Now the set time of the lesser light is a longer time as to its reckoning than the reckoning of the time of the earth upon which thou standest.

 

8 And where these two facts exist, there shall be another fact above them, that is, there shall be another planet whose reckoning of time shall be longer still;

 

9 And thus there shall be the reckoning of the time of one planet above another, until thou come nigh unto Kolob, which Kolob is after the reckoning of the Lord’s time; which Kolob is set nigh unto the throne of God, to govern all those planets which belong to the same border as that upon which thou standest.

 

16 If two things exist, and there be one above the other, there shall be greater things above them; therefore Kolob is the greatest of all the Kokaubeam that thou hast seen, because it is nearest unto me.

 

17 Now, if there be two things, one above the other, and the moon be above the earth, then it may be that a planet or a star may exist above it; and there is nothing that the Lord thy God shall take in his heart to do but what he will do it.

 

18 Howbeit that he made the greater star; as, also, if there be two spirits, and one shall be more intelligent than the other, yet these two spirits, notwithstanding one is more intelligent than the other, have no beginning; they existed before, they shall have no end, they shall exist after, for they are gnolaum, or eternal.

 

19 And the Lord said unto me: These two facts do exist, that there are two spirits, one being more intelligent than the other; there shall be another more intelligent than they; I am the Lord thy God, I am amore intelligent than they all.

 

What kind of beings are we? According to this, we are Spirits. Who is God? The most intelligent of all the Spirits… quite an amazing concept. The chapter then goes on to offer more insight:

 

22 Now the Lord had shown unto me, Abraham, the intelligences that were organized before the world was; and among all these there were many of the noble and great ones;

 

23 And God saw these souls that they were good, and he stood in the midst of them, and he said: These I will make my rulers; for he stood among those that were spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham, thou art one of them; thou wast chosen before thou wast born.

 

24 And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell;

 

25 And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them.

 

“Intelligences” is the key word here. Directly after referring to us as Spirits, God refers to us as Intelligences. So, here we have in writing, something that claims to be directly from God via Father Abraham that tells us that we are Spirits, or more descriptively Intelligences. However, we now must ask, “What is a Spirit? What is an Intelligence?” In trying to dig deeper into the matter, I found nothing else in The Pearl of Great Price, but I did find something in The Doctrine and Covenants.

 

The Doctrine and Covenants was written by the Mormon founder Joseph Smith, and is written in the context of him receiving his writings directly from God (as is the case in other forms of scripture). The information that I found applicable to this question is in two different chapters, 93 and 131. Chapter 131 is an odd chapter that is comprised of an assortment of random and seemingly unconnected spiritual concepts that are all strung together, one of which is applicable to the question:

 

7 There is no such thing as immaterial matter. All spirit is matter, but it is more fine or pure, and can only be discerned by purer eyes;

 

8 We cannot see it; but when our bodies are purified we shall see that it is all matter.

 

How interesting that what we find here brings us back, full-circle, to the topic that we have spent so much time on in these letters: matter. If this concept is true, then we have something very important to add. As is, the Matrix Theory postulate’s that matter is not tangible, but rather that light/conscious energy created images that exist inside of the computer-generated Earth and universe that we live in, and we actually reside somewhere else where we are plugged into the program (just like in the movie). However, this new concept indicates that even our real selves (whatever and wherever that may be) are likewise made of matter, albeit a purer form. Thus, in order to ever understand what kind of beings we are, we have to somehow conclude what matter is.

 

Let’s go now to the 93rd chapter of the Doctrine & Covenants and see what we find:

 

29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.

 

30 All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.

 

We are made of matter and when we use science to investigate matter, we do not find solid tangible substance, but rather a conscious energy or “light”. When we use religion to investigate matter, we find that God declared this same thing long ago, saying we are Intelligence, and Intelligence is “light,” even the light that comes from what we are searching for, “the truth.”

 

Interesting, wouldn’t you say?

 

Until next time,

 

Joshua



© 2020 The Joshua Letters


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting read; I had heard about the Mormon belief that we are young gods but wasn’t sure if it was a rumor so thanks for backing that up for me. I’m glad you chose to elaborate on ‘intelligences’ because the simple multi-dimensional use of it in your letters was confusing me a bit as I’ve mentioned before. Also, interesting to conclude that everything is light; it reminds me of quantum physics/ mechanics.


Suggestions:

“offerinformation on the” needs a space. Same here: “their mainBook of Mormon”


Posted 9 Years Ago


That's really deep.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A good write:))

Posted 12 Years Ago


well done once again

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the places and information you expressed in this writing. Hard to believe in a God. It seem the world flow at it own pace. Life and death. I watch brother killing brother in every part of this world. I ask myself. If God create man. Did man lose control and become mad on desire and goals? Thank you for your thoughts. Made me think. Goal of a writer. You did.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow.. I became a Christian (again) not long ago.. A lot has happened over the past couple of weeks (which is why I have not been on) & I didn't believe in God or A god until now.. Sometimes things happen & then we realise the "Truth".. I loved this writing.. VERY interesting.. GREAT JOB..!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting, just a bit of info here, There is a theory that the human being is a machine of cell organisms not a God or created by a God just an ongoing cell system which mutstates and runs itself.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, I have read the Bible and there is much that it contains that I will tie into future topics. However, on this particular question, I did not find much (other than what I mentioned) that provided info. The references that I mentioned are the only things that I can find anywhere in writing on this topic. Strange really...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Truth is the light in every darkness seen but seldom noticed. Now I see why you wrote in such a way... Just a question though, instead of reading those books you mentioned here, why not read the Bible and see what it says about truth and God?



Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

846 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2020
Tags: science, religion, creation, evolution, origin of life, origin of man, quantum physics, theory


Author

The Joshua Letters
The Joshua Letters

OR



About
Who are we? What are we made of? Where did we come from? Is there a God? Answers unlike any that have ever before been presented lie within the pages of The Joshua Letters. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..