Questions Anyone?

Questions Anyone?

A Chapter by The Joshua Letters

I suppose I feel like taking a break here and making an observation, it is altogether too quiet. I expected more comments and arguments. from the readers based upon the oddity of what we have been discussing. Typically, when I inform people that matter is made of intelligence, or in other words that seemingly inanimate matter has consciousness, intelligence, and the ability to act for itself. Well, let’s just say that no one believes it. However, it is simple. How could it be anything else? Science declares that all matter in the universe is consciously connected, and they offer experiments to illustrate how it reacts to our beliefs and intentions. Religion tells us in scripture that God has the ability to speak to matter and it obeys him. Thus, how could these things be if matter was indeed inanimate and unable to do anything for itself? I suppose that perhaps there is some yet undefined power or force that God possesses (and that we possess, to a lesser degree) which allows us to alter matter by our hearts and minds. However, is that any less hard to believe?

 

Anyway, please throw questions, arguments, etc. my way. I would like to know your thoughts.

 

Joshua



© 2020 The Joshua Letters


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The problem for me is that my understanding of the history of religion and the creation of The New Testament has left a very spiteful taste in my mouth. I do believe in the higher powers of God and Jesus but just do not take the written words verbatim.

Matter is not inanimate for even the electrons flow through rock. The word "inanimate" would lead to the fact that the matter is dead and no longer functions. The problem is that we cannot just simply ask the rock if it is happy being a rock.

Matter bending to the will of God or simply God has control of all matter. Matter obeys the word of God through "trust, respect, and honour" -interesting proposal you make.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I don’t have much to say on this as it is very quick and to the point but keep sending me read requests. I love a good debate, and truly believe that healthy discussion (especially of strong ideas like these) help both parties to understand and make sense of their individual standpoints.


Suggestions:

“observation… it is all together too” altogether

Posted 9 Years Ago


This really is a mind-blowing theory...the fact is, the more I think of it, the more it makes sense. I'll follow you, White Rabbit. Let's see just how far the hole really goes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Intelligence, is as far as I know, the capability to think, to reason, to comprehend, to propose, to interpret, etc. According to what you are saying, everything is intelligence, which mean everything can thnk, reason, comprehend, propose etc. Can they? I doubt it.
You have good arguments, but it's a bit hard for me to believe that a rock, for example, can actually think.
However, I don't think their precislly "dead" Supposing that matter is intelligence, then we have a wrong concept of what intelligence is.
As for God having honer... Is it possible for one being to be honered by all other beings? And where does the devil or satan or whatever you want to call it come in your theory? Do you even belive in him at all?

Posted 12 Years Ago


The problem for me is that my understanding of the history of religion and the creation of The New Testament has left a very spiteful taste in my mouth. I do believe in the higher powers of God and Jesus but just do not take the written words verbatim.

Matter is not inanimate for even the electrons flow through rock. The word "inanimate" would lead to the fact that the matter is dead and no longer functions. The problem is that we cannot just simply ask the rock if it is happy being a rock.

Matter bending to the will of God or simply God has control of all matter. Matter obeys the word of God through "trust, respect, and honour" -interesting proposal you make.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Science will never accept religion and religion will never accept science. Although you have written at length about the possibility of the coexistence of the two, the stupidity of humans will never see eye to eye. Sad to say.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So you're now saying that either 'the force' [from hinduism originally, not star wars] there's a God or everything is inanimate by science. By the way if you want a really good topic you could research if a time machine is possible or if time even exist, which I beleive was in a previous letter, or you clould talk about the human mentality.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Either way everything is brilliant. Take aside logic with some thoughts that kill comprehendable, you are left with faith. Is there logic to faith, or is fear logical?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow... just those first two comments alone set the stage for the next letter, almost perfectly. Interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


If this was true, wouldn't we have found a way to use that intelligence to our own advantage? Yes, everything is matter, but not everything is living now is it? Dead things have matter, and when something is dead or non-living in the first place it usually means that it's cell systems have gone wrong. Making the matter of the brain or whatever makes it operate lose intelligence to function. Thus all matter is not intelligence.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love is powerful. I would suggest injecting "L" into your equations. Even the smallest, most insignificant and most imperfect of creations are deeply loved by their creator.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

663 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2020
Tags: science, religion, creation, evolution, origin of life, origin of man, quantum physics, theory


Author

The Joshua Letters
The Joshua Letters

OR



About
Who are we? What are we made of? Where did we come from? Is there a God? Answers unlike any that have ever before been presented lie within the pages of The Joshua Letters. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..