The Beauty of Youth

The Beauty of Youth

A Poem by The Little Writer
"

This poem is supposed to capture the essence of being young.

"

Remember the time when you would walk up to your friend and say, "Hey!  You wanna' play ball?"  And they wouldn't reply, "I'm too busy."

Remember the good old days when you would jump in a pit of mud just for the sake of getting dirty?

When you had this innocence that wasn't interupted by anything in the world?

Remember the hours when you didn't know what to do, so you read a book and was inspired by, "The Hobbit" to just do something adventurous?

We seem to not have held onto those moments, because when we were young, we didn't know what sort of privelage we were getting by being bored.

The beauty of something like playing catch with a friend is something nobody cares about until they get older and never have the time.

Remember the places you used to go inside your head that just made you have this wonderful joy that only that experience can give you?

The times of laying there sunning yourself in the dirt and loving every moment of it?

The times of "Dinner's ready!"  and you rush inside to wash your hands.

What those times have given us stay with us until we die.

That's when things get really complicated!

 

 

 

 

© 2009 The Little Writer


Author's Note

The Little Writer
I'm really to young to be writing this, but it seemed like such a cool thing to write about.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

For an eleven year old young lady, this is an exceptional poem, nice job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well this is VERY deep and reflective for one so young. It betrays the wisdom you possess which is indeed beyond your years. You are wonderful and so are your words. Keep writing!! The end is hilarious and also gives a hint to your sparkling personality. ; )

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2009
Last Updated on February 5, 2009

Author

The Little Writer
The Little Writer

Don-Mage, WA



About
I am 12 years old. I am now rewriting my abandoned book, "The Dwen Alliance" I started out my writing life when my mother signed me up for a writing class at my co-op school. My "career" really k.. more..

Writing