It's okay to cry.

It's okay to cry.

A Chapter by isabel, the lonely genius.

Danielle couldn’t wait to get to New York and on the set to get the Unpredictable campaign on the go. But first, there was the ride to the airport and a 5 hour flight to NY. At least she wasn’t alone. To make time go faster, she started making conversation.

“So where have you been the last couple of years?” Danielle asked Marshall as he peered out the window. He turned his head around and looked at her without emotion. He finally answered “Er, working on new material, getting sober.” “Oh right” Danielle said, raising her chin “It’s not easy.” Marshall was surprised but confused. “What do you mean?” he asked her. “When I left home at 17, to live with a f*****g a*****e I called my boyfriend, I told my mom “You always ruined everything for me. I f*****g hate you. You’re nothing but a stubborn and ignorant b***h.”” she said. “Must have been tough” Marshall said, understanding her situation. “It was, but I was just as stubborn and ignorant as she was. The next day, my mom went out looking for me. She made flyers, she put ads up saying “Help me find my daughter, Danielle”. She went to a place I never thought she’d go because if you went to the meanest street of Brooklyn, you’re on a death wish. She started talking to this group of guys, asking if they’d seen me. A black SUV pulled up right in front of them. Then, two shots to the head, she was dead” Danielle finished. “Damn, I’m sorry” Marshall said. “I blamed myself for it. I was harming myself because of it. The constant blaming made it too unbearable. I started taking perscription pills, thinking that I would go to sleep to escape all of it for a little while. But then they stopped having an effect on me, so I started drinking. I was hospitalised for three months and one nurse, her name was Edna, she told me “Child, you have got to stop, in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. You’re only 17. You have your whole life ahead of you. Live it and make it your own. Go forward and look ahead to a better future and learn from the mistakes you had in your past. Please, stop.”” Marshall was sitting there, giving Danielle 120% of his attention. “She payed me to go to rehab and to go see a psychologist. And now, 15 years later, here I am” Danielle said. Tears wanted to stream down her rose pinks, but she held them back, her eyes still obviously watering. “I’m sorry” she said, sniffing. She went into her bag and took a tissue out to delicately dab her eyes, still trying not to let them run. “Don’t be sorry. It’s alright to cry” Marshall said. She glared at him and then let out a couple of chuckles as she cheered up. Marshall’s smile only made her cheer up even more. Her tears only made her big brown eyes even more. Marshall cracked a couple of jokes, attempting to get a couple of laughs from her. He didn’t like to see people cry as it would make him feel as if he caused those tears. 

“What’s that song you did about crying?” Marshall asked. “Tears Away?” “Yeah! The lyrics went… “If you’re gonna cry, then go baby, cry away…”” They both started singing. “Because at the end of the day, I’ll be there to tell you everything’ll be okay, and I’mma be there to wipe your tears away.” They both laughed, Danielle a little bit harder. A tear dropped at a high speed from her right eye, either because of sadness or laughter. Marshall reached his index finger to push the tear off Danielle’s face. It was so delicate, she could barely feel it. “It’s okay to cry” Marshall repeated.

The limousine came to a halt. Danielle looked our the tinted windows and saw the private jet there ready for take off. The chauffeur opened for Danielle as Marshall made his own way out. The morning sun was beaming into Danielle’s eyes and she slides her sunglasses on. She turned around to face Marshall. “Hey Marshall!” she called out over the ferocious turbines “Thanks!” “Anytime!” he yelled. The chauffeur escorted both of them into the plane, closing its door. 

New York, here they come.



© 2012 isabel, the lonely genius.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

577 Views
Added on January 12, 2012
Last Updated on January 12, 2012


Author

isabel, the lonely genius.
isabel, the lonely genius.

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi. My name's Isabel. I call myself the lonely genius because I am pretty smart but people push me away because of it. I love Eminem. A lot. Expect only him in my entries. Please, enjoy. :) more..

Writing