Damn.

Damn.

A Chapter by isabel, the lonely genius.

They arrived to a studio in the middle of New Jersey, yet isolated from society. The way there, Marshall was bugging himself with what Paul had said to him. Usually, he'd turn a blind eye to Paul's warning signs, but this one had red alert written all over it. Dead mother with no dad, teenage kid, single... This made Marshall think it was a perfect recipe for depression and loneliness. But Danielle was quite the opposite. Rehab made her open her eyes and she started living the life she always wanted. The occasional breakdown will happen, but Danielle picks herself right back up by doing what she loved most: her job. It was up to her to entertain people with her talent. She was ambitious, open minded and independent. Another reason for her strengths was Eric. He was the best thing that'd ever happened to her. Without him, Danielle wouldn't be who she is today. She treated him like the brother she never had, she taught him from her mistakes and loved him as any mother would. She might not have a million friends or a partner, but she figures it's them who are missing out, not her. But something in her is pushing her towards Marshall. Whether it's destiny or not, it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

 

6:30am. Danielle still yawning her face off, stepped out of the vehicle after Eric. She took a wide look around to see mist hovering above them on a summer's day. Buildings could be seen from afar, traffic could be heard and the atmosphere was eerie. "Let's go, mom" Eric said, stroking her arm. She stopped gazing and looked at the door. She guided Eric in front of her. As they walked in a single filed line, Marshall joined Danielle's footpath. Nothing was said. They just walked to the entrance. Marshall gestured for her to enter first and she did. Crew members were already setting up the lighting and the props. Rich Lee could be seen talking to the producer talking about the concept of the day. Rich noticed Marshall's and Danielle's presence. "Hold on a second, John" he said to the producer. He headed towards them with excitement. "Hey, you ready for today?" he asked. "Yeah" they both said. Rich pointed to hair and make-up section, wardrobe in the opposite direction. ­Danielle headed to make-up with anticipation. She smiled greatly to the make-up artist and company and thought to herself “Time for work!” Foundation liquid was being poured, blush was being powdered and lipstick was being smacked on. Her long trail of thick hair was to be curled to compliment diamond earrings. She was styled into a golden and fitting dress but comfortable enough to dance in. She walked into set and every eye turned towards her direction. The clicking of her shoes on the floor echoed, silencing everyone else. Marshall was the one who was more intrigued. He expanded his eyes in amazement and his jaw nearly hit the ground. Danielle was only worrying herself on how she might have looked to Marshall. You look beautiful. No, you look like a w***e. Rich covered what he wanted off Danielle and nodded. “Quiet on set!” Rich yelled out. Everybody was looking. “Roll camera…” Every eye was on her. She went into a trans. The performer was within her. “And action!”


The whole day was demanding. Constant wardrobe changes, repetitive set modifications and only one tuna on brown bread sandwich. It was coming to an end, nearly 24 hours later. Danielle was sitting down next to Marshall waiting for the last set to be ready. Her head was tilted way back with her neck being stretched to its fullest. Her eyes were half open and her mouth was wide open. She felt numb. She worked herself to the bone. Her feet were sore. Her voice was worn out. “What time is it?” she asked Marshall in a tired tone of voice. Marshall, with his head resting on his left fist, turned his wrist to read “4:57am”. He groaned at the fact that it was nearly sunrise. Danielle was dosing off. Her eyes were fully shut. Marshall looked over at her to see her nearly drooling. He chuckled. Danielle sat up instantly and yelped “I’m not asleep.” “Good, because we’re ready for you two” Rich said coming from behind them. Danielle and Marshall dragged their feet to the set. It was all white. Nothing there, it was blank. “This is what we’ve been waiting two hours for?” Danielle thought. “Right, here I want you two to just engage with each other. Danielle, maybe say some of his lyrics with him. Technically play him, make it fun. Maybe tug on his belt, go to his feet…” Rich threw instructions at Danielle but only “engage with each other” and “play with him” sunk into her brain. “Got it” she replied, trying not to fall asleep. “Right, let’s go!” Rich said as if he’s just had a couple coffees and Red Bulls. Danielle was in white stiletto heels, black jeans and a white tank. Marshall was wearing white Air Forces, black jeans and a white tee. “Alright, remember, it’s two as one! That’s why you’re wearing the same… thing” Rich shouted out. “Oh, that’s why” Marshall thought. “Playback! And… action!” Danielle and Marshall acted friendly on the set, Danielle walking around him, tracing her hands through his chest, he held her by the arm, a couple of hugs… “Okay, alright. Cut!” Rich exclaimed. He hopped off his chair and jogged towards them. “Alright, it’s good… But I think he’d be better if you were more… sexier with each other.” “What do you mean sexier?” Danielle asked, almost instantly. “I mean like, maybe grind him and rub yourself on him a bit… Get on his dick, basically” he explained, rather cranky. He ran back to his chair. “And action!” he exclaimed. Danielle was unsure about it, but she was so tired, she would have done anything to get the hell out of there and into a bed. She got in front of him, wrapped her arms around him and slowly travelled southwards. Coming up, her a*s was sticking out never leaving contact with his body. Then she grabbed his hands and trailed it through her curves, from her waist to her chest. Marshall did nothing, he just stood there and took it. “Hold up a second!” Danielle shouted over the music. “I’m gonna jump onto you” she said to Marshall. “Huh?” he asked confused. “I’m gonna jump onto your lap from the side. Be ready to catch me” Danielle said. She stood next to him. In a split second, she jumped off her thin heels, widened her legs and ended up around his hips. She grabbed onto him by his neck, her head above his. She looked down on him and gazed into his eyes. Marshall looked too at her, drawn to her eyes reflecting the light. Both of their concentration was on each other, as if nobody else was there. “And… cut! That’s brilliant!” Rich interrupted the moment. Danielle didn’t want to let go, but her tiredness got the better of her and she released him. “And that’s a wrap, everybody!” Rich announced. Finally. Everybody started clapping for their efforts to get through a rough and hard day. Danielle and Marshall changed back into the clothes they’d come in. Eric was asleep in a chair, covered by Danielle’s jacket, as he was since 2am. Danielle pulled the jacket off him and a breeze went past Eric’s warm body. He instantly woke up. “Is it over?” he asked. “Yes” Danielle responded. Eric struggled to get up with his mind half conscious. Only one driver was there to take us all back to the hotel. Eric couldn’t fall asleep the ride there and Marshall couldn’t stop thinking about what had just happened. His emotions couldn’t be justified and it angered him. He wanted to care about her, but was afraid he would do more to her than just friends, something that could push her away. He was itching to do more to her but he held himself back. Give it more time.


They arrived at the hotel, but Danielle was fast asleep. “Should we wake her up?” Marshall asked Eric. “Nah… She’d me mad if you interrupted her sleep” Eric said. Marshall and Eric left from one side of the car. Marshall slowly opened the other door where Danielle’s head was resting. He supported her head, tucked his arms under her legs and lifter her. Danielle’s body was planted to Marshall’s. She was deep in her sleep and barely anything could wake her up. Marshall looked down at Danielle’s sweet and angelic face; perfection was the word. Eric opened the door to the room whilst Marshall carried her around ever so carefully. He laid her down never looking away. A lock of hair had fallen on Danielle’s face and Marshall shifted it. Marshall could not stop looking at her. She was so beautiful, like nothing he’s seen before. He sighed and headed for the door. One last took and he left. “My God…” he whispered to himself. Nothing like this ever happened to either one of them.



© 2012 isabel, the lonely genius.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

696 Views
Added on January 25, 2012
Last Updated on January 25, 2012


Author

isabel, the lonely genius.
isabel, the lonely genius.

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi. My name's Isabel. I call myself the lonely genius because I am pretty smart but people push me away because of it. I love Eminem. A lot. Expect only him in my entries. Please, enjoy. :) more..

Writing