Just a touch.

Just a touch.

A Chapter by isabel, the lonely genius.

Danielle's eyes fluttered opened. Her head sank into soft and mile thick pillow. Last time she remembered, she was resting against a hard glass window only being covered by her leather jacket. She was back at her hotel room. She tended her forehead in confusion. She slowly rose to her feet taking more looks around, just to make sure she was back at the hotel. She thought of all the possible ways of how she could have gotten there. "Maybe Superman flew me here" she thought the craziest things possible. She thought about having breakfast, but then realised it was nearly 7pm. She went over to Eric's room to see him still asleep. Whilst Danielle took a shower, her stomach grumbled vigorously. She didn't plan on leaving the house, and she'd only go back to LA in two days, so her favourite of pyjamas bottoms were slid on, no bra, simple tank top, no make-up and hair in a high bun. This was relaxed at its extreme. Eric was rubbing his eyes and yawning when he went to the main room.  "What day is it?" Eric asked under a rustic voice.  "Saturday..." Danielle took a long guess.  "So, Saturday night and you're not all dressed up and getting ready to go out with your girls?" he asked.  "Nope!" Danielle said with a wide smile, flicking through channels.  "Do you even have friends?" he asked.  "I have friends" she replied.  "Do you even date?" he asked.  "I have friends" she replied. It was Danielle and Eric Q&A time. The questions kept rolling and Danielle answered them freely.  "When was the last time you had sex?" he asked, taking his chances.  "Whoa, there" Danielle exclaimed "Since when was that your business?" "You are my mother" he stated. "And you are my son. You don't see me telling you to wear a condom every time I talk to you" she said.  "I don't know. You seem happier when you've just had sex" Eric observed. Danielle raised an eyebrow instantly.  "I don't need sex to be happy" she said "I've got you."  "If you say so..." he said, unconvinced. Danielle got up and smirked. She grabbed Eric’s forearm into her. She wrapped her arms around him and held him tightly. Eric hugged her hips and said “I missed you.” “I missed you too” she said. Danielle kissed his forehead. “You gonna eat something?” she asked him. “Maybe later.  I’m gonna take a shower and then hit the arcade” he said. “Alright then baby” she said. Danielle sat down and resumed her search of a decent show. My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and, damn right, it’s better than yours. Danielle looked over at the ringing phone. She rolled her eyes as it was Jimmy calling “Hello?” “Danny, baby!” he exclaimed “How’s New York, great? Fantastic! I watched a rough cut of the video, and lemme tell you, it looks amazing! Gonna be released next week! Baby girl, it’s gonna be #1 worldwide, I’m telling you! Record about to be released in four weeks!” Jimmy blabbed on and on, only making half sense. “Erm, that’s great Jimmy…” she said looking side to side worried for Jimmy. “You know my boy, Marshall? Get to know him, awesome guy, really funny too. I think he’ll be great for you” he suggested. “Jimmy, I don’t think…” she was interrupted by a tone coming off her phone. “Hold on, there’s somebody else on the line. Hello?” “You doing anything tonight?” Marshall asked in a low tone and a bit rustic, still keeping it sexy for her. Danielle widened her eyes and silently cleared her throat. “Not much…” he answered slowly. They were teasing each other to see who wanted who first, but Danielle wasn’t planning on losing this game and neither was Marshall. “You wanna go out with me tonight?” he asked with the same sexy voice. “Depends on where you’re going…” Danielle tried to say in a serious tone, but she felt like squealing like a high school girl. “Just going to a club opening in Manhattan. Just wondered whether you wanted a good night out” Marshall offered. “Yeah, sure” Danielle said almost too quickly. She retrieved to an embarrassed self, thinking she sounded desperate as she said that. “Great” he said. “Great…” she repeated shakily still embarrassed “Bye… Jimmy, I’m going out with Marshall tonight.” “Good for you, go get him!” Jimmy said. Danielle giggled. Eric came out of his bedroom and was ready to go out but Danielle stopped him before he went out the door. “Hey Eric, I’m going out tonight” she said. “You wanna come with me to the arcade?” Eric asked, sort of creeped out. “No, I mean as in I’m going out with Marshall tonight” she explained. “Oh, good. Get your sex drive up and running again…” he said. She looked at him even more creeped out “I’m kidding.” “Okay then…” Danielle said concerned “Okay, you can call room service when you come up again and if you’re going out of this hotel, call me before you do.” “Okay, mom” he said. “Love you!” she yelled out. “Love you too!” he yelled back. The door went slam. Danielle couldn’t care less though. She had to get dressed for a fun night out. She headed to her bedroom and gave herself a cheer. Woohoo.


Marshall chewed on his bottom lip and he hanged up the phone from the conversation he had with Danielle. He posed it down but was quick to pick it back up again as the phone rang. There was no name, just the number. Marshall frowned in confusing and answered it. “Hello?” he said. “Why didn’t you tell me you were in New York?” a voice too familiar asked. “Mariah, why do you still have my number?” he asked annoyed. “Answer my question” Mariah demanded. “Drop my number and leave me the f**k alone” he insisted. “Not until you tell me why you left me” she said with a wimpy voice trying to get sympathy. “Because you denied seeing me and now that you’re married, you’re still running after my a*s! Leave me the f**k alone” he repeated. “Baby, please…” Mariah pleaded. “Baby, my f*****g a*s. F**k off b***h” he yelled to the phone. “Listen to me, Marshall! We can still be together, fool around, like it used to be…” she started harshly, but then went back to her sympathy. “F**k you!” he yelled and hung up. He felt like throwing the phone to the wall in anger but then got control over himself after he reminded himself how peaceful Danielle’s face looked this morning as he laid her to sleep. Like an angel. He thought to himself “You’re going out tonight with her. Forget about the b***h and focus on her.” Marshall exhaled deeply and swept the water droplets left from his shower off his body. No slacks, fresh shirt and brand new shoes. Some cologne and Marshall was ready. Danielle simply wore above knee shorts that hugged her a*s with a loose cropped tank top. Some sandal stiletto heels and a diamond necklace was enough. She sprayed her favourite, and most expensive, perfume over neck and upper body. Cleavage was rather visible and Danielle stopped and thought about the night would go that far. She figured it would and sprayed some in between her compressed breasts. Danielle waited a just a short while before Marshall came knocking on the door. She walked over and gave a deep sigh. She slowly opened the door and saw a fresh face man there. “It’s like he wants me to eat him” Danielle thought to herself. “Hey” Marshall said. “Hey” she repeated. They smiled at each other and let there be an awkward silence. Marshall broke it. “You look beautiful” he complimented. Beautiful was an underrated word. To him, she was flawless. “Thank you” she said, blushing. “You ready to go?” he asked. “Yeah” she said grinning. Danielle stepped out of the door frame and closed the door behind her. Nothing was said as they went down to the entrance of the hotel. An SUV, similar like to this morning’s, pulled up. “I’m glad you’re coming with me” Marshall said. Danielle looked down to his hand relaxed to his side. She grabbed him and fitted her fingers in between his. “My pleasure” she responded. Marshall looked at their hands joined and looked back up at her. They smiled greatly at each other. Nothing needed to be said. They just needed that simple warm touch from their slightly sweaty hands and it was enough for both of them.



© 2012 isabel, the lonely genius.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

722 Views
Added on January 30, 2012
Last Updated on January 31, 2012
Tags: eminem


Author

isabel, the lonely genius.
isabel, the lonely genius.

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi. My name's Isabel. I call myself the lonely genius because I am pretty smart but people push me away because of it. I love Eminem. A lot. Expect only him in my entries. Please, enjoy. :) more..

Writing