So I'm going to be a little candid here....

So I'm going to be a little candid here....

A Story by Scott Lynn
"

The title says it all.

"

     I was going to start writing this because someone asked me why I write. But then I started to really think about that question, and found that I didn't know the answer. This revelation scared me somewhat. But not as much as the actual answer to the question itself did when I found it.

 

     I write because fiction and poetry are the only outlets I have to correctly express how I see the world. I've been accused (rather accurately, I must say) of being dramatic. I feel things so deeply, so emotionaly, that I express my feelings as deeply and emotionally as I feel them. This can sometimes come across as being rather dramatic. But you know what? That's who I am, and it will continue to be. Because I write words like "love" and "hate", "beauty" and "break", and I mean them, but not only do I mean them, no, I feel them as I write. Emotion flows from my heart, through my chest, down my arm and out my fingertips. 

 

     I have a life-long love affair with the written word. Long before I was outgoing, back when I would curl up in a ball on my bed and read, you know who my friends were? Fictional characters. you know how many times in high school and middle school I would cry, just a few tears, because a book series I loved so much had come to an end, or because there was a particularly moving death for one of my favorite characters? Countless times. But I digress. I write, because I need this other world. Life scares the s**t out of me, like ridiculously so. So I need my writing, my ideas, my lives, my characters and my poems, to help me sort myself out.....and I need them to love me back. I thought that if I could write that one thing, something heartbreakingly beautiful and honest, than someone would love me. That's why I write.

© 2008 Scott Lynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"I thought that if I could write that one thing, something heartbreakingly beautiful and honest, than someone would love me. That's why I write."

I think you already did. The someone loving you part, if it hasn't already happened, will be a reality not when YOU are good enough, but when someone else good enough to see it comes along.

My only criticism is I think you may have meant "then" instead of "than" in your last sentence. =)

I think these things you have written are true for a lot of people who write. You expressed the feelings well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh so true, I know what you mean when you talk about why we write. I write about things,people,places experiences that I have known. I find that in writing it is a great way to be creative. There are loads of stories that I want to put down on paper. My one regret is that I didn't start when I was younger.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I wish I could write with more feeling. The stuff I write is somwhat dark i think, but would love to write something using the words love and beauty and make it real. I admire you for it.
Ed

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I thought that if I could write that one thing, something heartbreakingly beautiful and honest, than someone would love me. That's why I write."

I think you already did. The someone loving you part, if it hasn't already happened, will be a reality not when YOU are good enough, but when someone else good enough to see it comes along.

My only criticism is I think you may have meant "then" instead of "than" in your last sentence. =)

I think these things you have written are true for a lot of people who write. You expressed the feelings well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2008
Last Updated on October 6, 2008

Author

Scott Lynn
Scott Lynn

Winchester, VA



About
I like old film, polaroids, blurred pictures, silhouettes, yellow traffic lights at 4 am, reflections in puddles, foliage, crunchy leaves, being outside, the smell of rain, autumn, the stillness that .. more..

Writing
Alaska Alaska

A Poem by Scott Lynn