John's Adventure.

John's Adventure.

A Story by Fictionstorie
"

A short little story i wrote, cause, ya know, bored.

"

“Right, This is the Cessna Skycatcher, A 2 seater Single engine. You’re free to look around inside it, John, Just  don’t press any buttons, okay?” John’s brother, Sean called out as he walked away.

“I Won’t!” John replied, He knew that he was lying through his teeth, he slowly opened the Pilot door, and stepped inside to the soft leather-clad seat.  as he sat down, he inspected all the buttons and levers spread out in front of him. He took a deep breath, He was going to do this, he was going to fly this thing.


He reached inside his pocket, and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper, giving him explicit instructions on how to fly. he then reached into his other pocket, revealing a small key.

“Sean won’t know I took this from him.” John muttered to himself as he placed the key into the ignition. The engine started abruptly, filling his ears with it’s loud humming. he grabbed the throttle lever and pushed it down, forcing the plane to slowly start crawling, growing faster every second. until it was so fast, he had to pull the steering wheel upwards, sending the nose upwards, facing the sky.


He looked down at the altitude meter, 200m and rising, he was gaining fast, but if he didn’t straighten out soon, he would stall. As he tried to level out, a loud voice erupted through the radio system. “JOHN! I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING!” It was his brother, Sean,

“No, You always hogged the glory, just because you could fly! Now, I’ll prove I can too!” John replied. he felt hatred rise from the pits of his stomach. Sean was always the best. the best grades, the greatest at sports, but not this time, I’ll prove I can do this!


“John, You don’t know how to fly! Are you seriously doing this to prove yourself?!” Sean yelled through the radio.


“Yes, I am, Sean, Nothing you can do about it.” John flipped the switch next to the radio, shutting it off.


He shook his head and focused on  flying,  He tilted upwards, gaining height, making the ground beneath him look like a toy set. As he leveled out again, the Fuel Gauge caught his attention. The Fuel was almost gone, there certainly wasn’t enough to get him back to the Airport. There was no avoiding it now, he wouldn’t make it back.

The engine rotor started to slow, and soon, it had stopped completely. He was now gliding with the wind,


“No, I can handle this, I watched enough Bill Nye to know how physics works.” John muttered.


The Cessna gave a huge jerk, and promptly straightened out, the ground was growing ever so big, He needed an escape plan. He frantically searched around, looking for something to cushion his eventual demise. If he was going to die, he wanted leave behind at least SOME of his body.

as He slowly grew more frantic, he noticed something, a Bag with a Cord tucked away underneath his Seat. as He pulled it towards him, he remembered what Sean had said.


“It’s Regulations to have parachutes under the seats, so if you ever get in trouble, just put them on, secure the latches, and jump.”


At his Darkest moment, Sean’s Advice had come in handy. He swing the Parachute over his shoulders, but as he looked out the window, he saw that he was almost 150 meters from the ground, there was no time left. He shoved the door open, changing the pressure of the plane, and leapt from his seat, tumbling towards the ground. He tugged as hard as he could at the cord, and almost instantly, He jerked upright, and slowed down. He heard a large Explosion, and turned to see the Cessna Lying in ruins in the ground, leaving a small crater in the impact area.

He bent his knees as he landed face first into the grass.


Never Again, He thought to himself, Would I ever fly, And Never go against Sean. He smiled, then closed his eyes, Tired.










                        Fin.

© 2013 Fictionstorie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

For a quick story, you sure created a great plot to work with. This story could expand in several directions, either narrowing in on the brother's relationship, the main character John's shortcomings as a student or athlete, or you could give the guy a bit more fuel and really allow him to endure a bit more adventure...perhaps while his brother frantically pursues him, or attempts to take his plane back? Too bad about the crash at the end, but all in all, nice to read something with real potential. Thanks for sharing.

-R

Posted 10 Years Ago


Fictionstorie

10 Years Ago

Thanks, I plan on making a couple more of stories with John, They should expand this story quite a b.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 25, 2013
Last Updated on October 25, 2013

Author

Fictionstorie
Fictionstorie

About
I like fiction and everything to do with fiction-like settings. more..

Writing