photograph

photograph

A Poem by m.s.early

Your photograph makes me want to kiss you
In a way that only lovers know. 
It’s the way your eyes shine like emeralds
On skin as soft as snow,
Or the smile of an angel placed perfectly between
The stars in the sky and a place I found in a dream.
Your lips are placed perfectly as if by God’s own hand
With a precious perfection that only He could command.
If I could reach through that picture 
And touch your sweet face,
I’d take you away
To some far away place,
That only we would know and could always return.
But ‘til then I’m left wanting with painful yearn.
You glow like a flame behind soft painted glass
With a timeless quality that will never pass.
Your silver chain clasped behind the nape of your neck,
Where I long to kiss with deepness of breath.
Your shoulders barely showing at the length of your hair
I remember when I kissed them in a moment we shared.
If I could hold you forever would it be long enough?
No my sweet flower, no it would not be enough.

© 2014 m.s.early


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I will tell you I shoot straight...
I loved the poem... until the last line. I feel like you just got lazy and did not think of a better way to say what you wanted without using the same word... Rhyming "enough" with "enough" is not hard work. :)

Sorry. I gotta keep it real.
The thought and your delivery show an infatuation to be sure. You give the reader a fine picture of this dream love of yours. With a little work, you could give this poem some better structure and make this write very special.

Not hating it, but if I were a teacher you would have to work harder for an A.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

m.s.early

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your candid review. To be honest, I think this poem and content is juvenile compared t.. read more
 David Scott

10 Years Ago

I hope not to humble but rather to encourage. Love is often "juvenile". Even with grandparents...<.. read more



Reviews

This is the real you ....in all that you are...you possess in X. Silver...Im just a girl..in love with love.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Memories in photographs...sometimes sweet...sometimes sorrowful. This is a pretty lil piece. I got a shiver in a few of it's lines. There are a few things that need to be a lil tighter but all in all I enjoyed it :) Is this where you got your name?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very insightful and at the same time why do I feel like you wanted to say more rather than pose a feeling. It was good, but I think this was meant for someone, a bit deeper than willing to admit, what?

Posted 10 Years Ago


"If I could hold you forever would it be long enough?
No my sweet flower, no it would not be enough."
I enjoyed complete poem. The description of photo, nape of neck make the poem have life and story. A perfect ending to the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 10 Years Ago


I will tell you I shoot straight...
I loved the poem... until the last line. I feel like you just got lazy and did not think of a better way to say what you wanted without using the same word... Rhyming "enough" with "enough" is not hard work. :)

Sorry. I gotta keep it real.
The thought and your delivery show an infatuation to be sure. You give the reader a fine picture of this dream love of yours. With a little work, you could give this poem some better structure and make this write very special.

Not hating it, but if I were a teacher you would have to work harder for an A.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

m.s.early

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your candid review. To be honest, I think this poem and content is juvenile compared t.. read more
 David Scott

10 Years Ago

I hope not to humble but rather to encourage. Love is often "juvenile". Even with grandparents...<.. read more
A picture speaks a thousand words, I have heard and I found to be true. The first four lines speak of gentleness with pure yearning. Soft words throughout the entire piece exude just how beautiful softness and raw romance can climb mountains. I feel the flow is not forced throughout the poem with descriptive sentences that allow me, being the reader, to take a step back and have dreamy thoughts. Good piece. Write on!!!!


Posted 10 Years Ago


I love the vivid imagery in this poem. The contrast between "skin soft as snow" and the eyes "like emeralds" creates an amazingly vivid image in the reader's mind. The other metaphors are wonderful as well. The way you weave your words makes the scenes jump perfectly into my mind. It feels like I'm watching a video, instead of reading a poem. Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ah, photographs...they bring back so many memories, be it good or bad. They always let us capture and remember a moment in the past. They help us see lost faces, reconnect and cherish those precious moments...sometimes we want those certain times back.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 6, 2014
Last Updated on January 7, 2014

Author

m.s.early
m.s.early

VA



About
"A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep." -Salman Rushdie more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Distance Distance

A Poem by GunMetal