The Tales of Cumbo (Demo)

The Tales of Cumbo (Demo)

A Story by The Mystic Turtle
"

While working, Cumbo finds a peculiar door that he has never seen before. What awaits for him inside?

"

Introduction

    As I walk down the corridor, I see a peculiar door, one that differs from the rest. The door itself appears to be brand new, as if it was just put in that same day. However, the frame that holds the door is broken and scarred, with inch deep cuts that seem to be from some sort of beast. As if the contrasting door and frame were not enough, this room also had no number, nor did it have a sign that would identify the room. I try to read the numbers of nearby rooms, wondering if the sign happened to fall off, but they count normally, as if ignoring this room.

    The sudden urge to explore this room, both because I'm naturally curious and because I have to inspect the room, for I am the owner. I knock several times, but there's no answer, only silence.I have no clue as to which key I should use for this room, which is locked and none of the usually keys seem to work on it. Fortunately,I remember that I have the master key in a drawer in my office, which I place there for safekeeping. I head to my office to retrieve the keys.

    I only take a few steps before I hear the ominous creak of the door. Wondering if someone has finally answered their door, I rush back in hopes of finding out what's going on. I arrive at the door, which remains slightly opened, and try to call for the person that must have opened the door. Silence. I open the door cautiously, attempting to see into the darkness. There is a dim light coming from the windows, and the room seems particularly full, as if it has been  inhabited for months, if not years.

    I walk further into the room, expecting someone to appear. Yet it seems there is not even an ounce of life except my own.Disappointed, I start to leave the room, until I notice that there is no door. At first glance it seems to be a trick played by the light, or lack thereof. Despite the fact that I just walked through the door, it is hard to believe that there was ever one there. The wall was perfectly flat: no marks or holes to indicate that a door was ever there.

    Well, I think to myself, there's always the window. I know this place well enough to know that if I jump out the window, the snow will catch me, leaving me unharmed despite being on the third floor. Or at least, that's the plan. Then I hear a rasp voice that is almost silent,

“You think you can escape? Go ahead and try, but you will never succeed. I know what you’re going to do before you do. You are what I have been waiting for, someone else to take my place. I have been trapped in this cursed room for decades,but now i can finally escape.Your soul will be mine!”

   I try to locate where to voice  is coming from, but it appears to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Is it in my mind? I also notice that in the midst of trying to escape, I failed to notice that the window has been replaced by yet another wall, and the room is now completely empty.

    A deafening sound fills the room while at the same time the ground starts vibrating. I don’t notice it at first, as I was too busy going deaf, but it soon becomes stronger, and I struggle just to stay standing. Is it an earthquake? That's when I realize the appalling reality; the room is shrinking. I frantically look for an escape, but they have all been replaced by the walls. As the walls get closer, I am forced to crouch and it’s getting harder to breathe. At last, the room is too small, and there is nothing.

No sound. No pain. Nothing.

Am I dead?

© 2016 The Mystic Turtle


Author's Note

The Mystic Turtle
This is just a part of a bigger novel I plan on doing. This is also the first time I have tried writing a novel and it is the just the intro to the actual story. I will also be making improvements everyday and adding more to the story.Cumbo is a temporary name unless you guys like it. Any feedback would be awesome :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on November 2, 2016
Last Updated on November 2, 2016
Tags: Horror, demo, short story, test, novel, story, fiction

Author

The Mystic Turtle
The Mystic Turtle

FL



About
I am a sophomore in high school. I have written many papers before, but this will be my first time doing so outside of school. I like to expose myself to different carreet options, as I am currently p.. more..