Stolen Talents...

Stolen Talents...

A Poem by Shannon

The running and the screaming the spur of the moment rush, the claustrophobic fear of another person’s touch. Hands rushing through the air with blinding deceit and now she’s on the ground, begging at your feet.

Her eyes filled up with sadness, so she can no longer see the world, and her ears are filled up with lies so she can no longer hear the world, and she Is oblivious to the world around, and ignorant to those who care. Because to be honest, she doesn’t know they’re there.

  How red have her knee’s become, how solemn her sighs, through broken sobs and dark mournful lullabies.

As she weaves a pattern with forgotten lace, tossed and strewn all over the place. Her shrewd trembling fingers along strings, a-race, creating and dreaming at a whole new pace.

Perhaps her music will play, just a little bit louder, perhaps the blaring notes of a one man orchestra, will hit a little harder, and the bass will surely boom.

And then she can borrow his lonely songs, his echoing bassoon.

  Borrow as only she could ever try, for borrowing a soul, will lead you to die. To borrow an artist’s pencils, or a dancers best pair of shoes, to borrow an actor’s voice and mind, to borrow a cellists’ strings to,

to ball them all up, and create a masterpiece, because while you were at it, you stole the sculptors greatest tease.

 The gentle prod of curiosity, that they instill in their viewers instantly, with the misshapen objects that have been fused and melded, glued and felted, beneath the hottest of heat, and the coldest of iced over thoughts and minds that meld, and minds that chimed, with a inkling of thinking, the gentlest of tinkling, that whispers between crystalline scepters and towers alike.

An effervescent mirage of things unseen, the curves and waves of rainbows in a spectrum un-gleened, unknown colors, and unthinkable hues that glow with the intensities of a million thousand beetles in varied colors that hum and fly through the air and sky with a daft unknown agility that no one even knew.

© 2011 Shannon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JRB
poem? nice write

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 15, 2011
Last Updated on September 15, 2011

Author

Shannon
Shannon

PA



About
I joined this site in 2009, when I was writing poetry exclusively. However my range has expanded and blended. My once short poems are now some sort of descriptive paragraph/free verse hybrid. I .. more..

Writing
Teaser Teaser

A Chapter by Shannon


Maps Maps

A Chapter by Shannon