That's not your shadow.

That's not your shadow.

A Poem by The Realist

You are his personal entertainment
His guilty pleasure.
Nothing is hidden from him.
Everyone fears him  not because of the stories that are told about him but 
because he's knows your secrets,
He SEES them.
All your 'secrets' 
All the dirty sins that are unforgivably unforgivable
those dirty little deeds that you've committed,
he knows all of them.
He watches from the darkness, he is always close.
Have you ever wondered about your shadow?
How it moves slickly by you?
Is it really 'your' shadow?
Come a little closer, i'll let you in on a tiny secret........
Its Him.
The darker the shadow the more secrets he has against you.
The more power he has over you.
He taunts you to do more evil so you wouldn't forget who holds the reins on your life.
Every one has two sides the good and the bad
its only a matter of which side you play with the most
its only a matter of who always aims to sit on top of the nice list
or who plays with the evil in the dark more..

© 2016 The Realist


Author's Note

 The Realist
*him* could be anything or anyone you imagine him to be..
My *him* happens to be a man i have forgiven but have never forgotten..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was an interesting poem for me. It could be read that two aspects were merged into the one 'shadow', recognising that both of them have been incorporated into the psyche of the speaker. There is a dark aspect to your writing that is raw, impactful and artful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 The Realist

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much Zeitnot, im honored that you think that of my writing,



Reviews

"Because two can keep a secret if one of them is dead."
Nice and dark.....the only thing people fear most is to reveal their darkest self to the world and be exposed......
This concept was done justice to by your poetry.......very beautiful

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 The Realist

8 Years Ago

So true, being exposed is hard but to live with it is almost unbearable. thank you Patricia that me.. read more
Patricia Stephmore

8 Years Ago

Your most Welcome :-)
The run down of all the wrongs people can direct at you, but things doesn't harm you, its their actions not yours. Whatever happens to you is ordained by nature. Everyone has love, but it can only come out when he is convinced of the impossibility and the frustration of trying to love himself. But I witness here is following along your own path and who will join you and leave footprints next to yours, but the ones who make you think you aren't alone, are the ones who will never betray you even in your troublesome times. The evidence can be found by looking down on your path and seeing only one set of footprints it was then you were being carried.
Alan Watts said once that Life and love generate effort, but effort will not generate them. Faith—in life, in other people, and in oneself—is the attitude of allowing the spontaneous to be spontaneous, in its own way and in its own time.

Keep writing and know you are the universe and there's constellations out their to reach beauty and know its a pattern woven in your life from the beginning. Sincerely your friend in poetry and life.:)


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 The Realist

8 Years Ago

Thank you Andrew Nelson Stewart. Im honored to call you a friend.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

534 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2016
Last Updated on April 13, 2016

Author

 The Realist
The Realist

In a world of chaos



About
Who me? i'm not worth knowing about. But if you really want to, just read my poetry, and you'll know more than i ever wanted you to.... more..

Writing