Don't Touch My Soul, Mate

Don't Touch My Soul, Mate

A Story by therealnushie
"

A touching story. My first. I'm really young, so I hope you like it!

"

Don’t Touch My Soul, Mate
She sits in the airport waiting for her dad, who works two jobs and is a teacher and an executive director.
"Momma! Look at this funny game I bought on my itouch a couple days ago!"
"That's nice, sweetie," she says with a small smile.
She continues to play her game. Blasting Twenty-Eight-a free song she got on iTunes- by The Weeknd-she writes a small short story in her notes. Her little sister walks towards her.

"Whatcha doing?"
"Nothing, just writing."
The song changes to Cher Lloyd, one of her favorites.

The airport is pretty empty, its two days before Thanksgiving and there is a beautiful decorated Christmas tree in the corner. She looks around. There are a few conveyor belts in the middle of the airport.

She sings along to the song and writes on. Her mom is waking around the empty airport.

“Mom? When’s Dad getting here?”

“Soon.”

“OK.”

 All of a sudden there is an announcement. THIS IS A LOCKDOWN. EVERYONE GET ON THE FLOOR AND COVER YOUR HEADS. Her mom screams and runs over and they all huddle on the floor. People are screaming frantically. She starts to cry. People are running everywhere. There are alarms everywhere. The police are all running everywhere asking people to be calm. They search everyone and when they reach her family, they skip them, and because of course they don’t have what they are looking for. There is a man next to them furiously beeping on his phone. The cops pull him off the ground and wrench the phone from his hands. He smiles and the girl screams as she sees what's on the phone. A timer counts down from 30 seconds-a bomb. She screams a sob and says to her mom-I love you guys!
The police know it’s too late. The bomb is set. They smile grimly and hold the phone. They tell everyone to run. Everything happens slowly-the three of them the girl and her family stand up and run. As they reach the door, the man whom the bomb belongs to laughs as the timer says 10...9...8... She screams and thinks of god, and braces herself- and there is the loudest explosion ever. The explosion shoves her into the ground and the fire consumes her -she feels her bones crush under the force. She screams with agony. The bomb takes out the terminal and debris flies everywhere. Planes are unable to land, cars outside are crushed, people are screaming and the police is everywhere. A girl is crying and a mom is yelling at her daughter to run faster. A man standing across the street, get up to help people in the terminal if there are any survivors. He sees the girl flattened underneath a chunk of ceiling and she is charred, her mutilated body causing him to lose his lunch. He sees something glinting red, it's the itouch. He runs to her bats at the flames on her, and picks up the itouch. He keeps it in his shirt pocket because he has a feeling someone is going to need something to remember her by. Amazingly the itouch survived the explosion and emerged unhurt, because she threw her body onto it. He is in shock and the itouch is unlocked. He reads the story she was writing. He is so touched by the story he cries. What has happened to this girl? A terrorist attack ruined her life. He doesn't know what to do. The ambulance takes him away and the man sobs and sobs and takes out the itouch. The medic turns it on and sees a picture if the girl and a man that looks awful lot like her dad. He is saddened because they seemed to have a good relationship. He hopes that the dad at least escaped. Her dad is flying overhead and he sees the flames and the damage he is freaking out because he knows that his family could have been waiting for him there. He worries because the fire engulfed part of where the plane is landing, and he can't find out yet. The plane is rerouted to LAX and they land there instead. He gets into a cab and rushes to the scene. Police are everywhere. A professional has hacked her code and read what she was writing. A touching story. It makes the professional cry. The story makes a grown, 60 year old man cry. For Dad, it says on the top. The professional wipes his tears and goes through her contacts to try and contact everyone on her list. He calls her mom and when she doesn’t pick up-he assumes was with her. He calls ‘Dad’ and a phone rings behind him. The man-her dad- is struggling with the police when he sees his daughter and starts to run towards the flames to try and meet her up in heaven. The police are struggling to keep him back. He is a strong man who is in a blubbering mess of tears. The scene is on the news. Ironically her best friend is watching the news and sees that it's her friend’s dad and realizes that her bestie may be dead. The cameras zoom in on the girl’s dad and the professional talking and she sees the professional show dad the itouch and the dad sobs and sobs and the best friend recognizes it and faints. Her mom runs in and calls 911. She wakes up in a hospital and is dispatched soon after. She sobs and sobs. The girl’s best friend is mentally gone-she is never the same again. The father committed suicide, because he couldn't handle it. The souls of the family are now together, but every year on November 20, the ghost of the girl appears on the chair she was sitting in and she always is looking down at an object on her hands, the red itouch. The man who was crying adopted two kids and takes care of them because he needed no time to think about the girl. The professional quit his job and retired after many years her case and others in the explosion were too sad, and the man with the bomb went to hell to rot. Her mother and the other 2 family members surround her and if you see them, you are blessed with good luck. They are kind spirits and guard the people of the Terminal rebuilt soon after. There is a memorial on her chair because her story touched everyone who read it, and it is posted underneath her statue.

‘Meet me at the airport’

Hey Daddy,

What’s taking you so long? Come quickly! I missed you today. Business trips are hard work. I love to travel, but you don’t because it makes you tired. Come quick, Daddy! I miss you so. Run quick not slow! I hope you know how much I love you. Here is a story I want you to read!

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

SON: "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
DAD: "Yeah sure, what is it?"
SON: "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?"
SON: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "If you must know, I make $100 an hour."
SON: "Oh! (With his head down).
SON: "Daddy, may I please borrow $50?"

The father was furious.

DAD: "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I work hard every day for such this childish behavior."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think: Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $ 50 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

DAD: "Are you asleep, son?"

SON: "No daddy, I'm awake".
DAD: "I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier. It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $50 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, smiling.
SON: "Oh, thank you daddy!"

Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.

DAD: "Why do you want more money if you already have some?"

SON: "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do.

"Daddy, I have $100 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.


It's just a short reminder to you, working so hard in life.
We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us,
those close to our hearts.

Do remember to share that $100 worth of your time with someone you love?

If we die tomorrow,
the company that we are working for
could easily replace us in a matter of days.

But the family and friends we leave behind
will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

And come to think of it,
we pour ourselves more into work than to our family.

It’s ok to quit your job as executive director and come home now Daddy, we have enough money to eat. Our house is small but I love it, and it’s not the same without you. When I die, Daddy, I want to be able to say that I spent enough time with my Dad. I love you!

Then underneath the story there is a line from the man who sponsored it.

A girl who lost her life’s love still sits with her statue today. Make sure that you passengers are spending enough time with your families.

© 2012 therealnushie


Author's Note

therealnushie
Tell me everything!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
:-)
This was sad... But kind of sweet too. I'd recommend fixing some paragraph spacing, grammatical errors, etc. Try using quotation marks around dialogue:

"I really enjoy cake," Bobbeh said sadly. "I also like faces."

"I don't like your face at all." Monica replied.

^^like that.

Good job with this; I liked it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
therealnushie

11 Years Ago

You too!
therealnushie

11 Years Ago

So, if u dont mind just to get a better view of you, um, what race r u? I'm Indian and I live in Cal.. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
:-)
This was sad... But kind of sweet too. I'd recommend fixing some paragraph spacing, grammatical errors, etc. Try using quotation marks around dialogue:

"I really enjoy cake," Bobbeh said sadly. "I also like faces."

"I don't like your face at all." Monica replied.

^^like that.

Good job with this; I liked it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
therealnushie

11 Years Ago

You too!
therealnushie

11 Years Ago

So, if u dont mind just to get a better view of you, um, what race r u? I'm Indian and I live in Cal.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Added on November 23, 2012
Last Updated on November 23, 2012
Tags: love, parents