The Last Date

The Last Date

A Story by The Tudor Rose
"

An assignment I completed for one class. THe assignment was to tell the same story from 2 different P.O.V.

"

 

Jeremy
            "If you're late one more time, Jeremy, we're finished. I mean it."
             That was the ultimatum Bianca gave me last week. It was also happened to be my motivation. God, I couldn't lose her. Not after chasing after her for almost 6 months. If she dumped me...well, let's not think about that and think about getting there on time.
            "Do you know how embarrassing it is to sit at a table alone for half an hour telling the waiter to come back later?"
            Bianca was the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen. She had long raven black hair that held almost a silver sheen. Her dark brown doe eyes could be sweet or teasing, or mischievous, or tantalizing, and her smiles could light up a room. Literally.  It was as if the gods smiled down on her and blessed her with Aphrodite's looks and charms. But Bianca Kelley wasn't all looks. Oh no, she had a sweet compassionate side that I'm sure the rest of the world rarely got to witness.
            "Greg Fuller would never be late for a date with me. Maybe I should be going out with him, instead of you."
            The blocks seemed to go on forever, I couldn't get to the next intersection fast enough, and I was on a bike, for crying out loud! My car all of a sudden decided not to start today, so there I was, in an Oxford collared shirt and khakis on a bicycle. But I had to see Bianca.
            "I need to be treated like the lady I am, Jeremy. I can't let men step all over me."
            Her voice...Ah, remembering Bianca's voice was sometimes the only way I got to sleep at night. She had a sing-songy voice with a smoky undertone that reminded me of Lauren Bacall and Christina Aguilera, a combination that could melt the socks off any man, gay or straight, and again, I mean that literally.
            "You have one more chance, Jeremy. One. That's it. Don't screw it up."
            It was Bianca's voice I was thinking of, that I was focusing on when I ran the red light. It was her coy smile I was thinking of when the Red Saturn Vue hit their brakes as it threw me off the bike and onto the gravely pavement. It was the way her eyes squinted when she was talking about something she was passionate about I was thinking of as the gash in my head oozed out painfully and my world went black.
            "Please don't screw it up. I really do like you."
Bianca
            "If you're late one more time, Jeremy, we're finished. I mean it."
            I couldn't take it anymore. He wasn't going to show up. I might have had a little more hope if I hadn't been showing off to the girls last week and given him whiplashing of a lifetime. Oh God, he must hate me now. I guess it serves me right for playing impossible to get and then making his life considerably more difficult each day after giving in.
            "Do you know how embarrassing it is to sit at a table alone for half an hour and keep tell the waiter to come back?"
            I got in my car and drove out of the parking lot as fast as I could, keeping my tears in. I can't believe I was going to cry over a boy! All things considered, Jeremy Peters was definitely a boy worth crying over, in my opinion anyway. He was gorgeous, of course with surfer length sun-kissed hair and smiling green eyes. But he was also really funny, and kind, not like the d*****s I used to date. He always seemed grateful to have my company. He was a really genuine kind of guy...and I hated how I felt about him.
            "Greg Fuller would never be late for a date with me. Maybe I should be going out with him instead of you."
            Never in my dating career had I ever liked a guy as much as I like Jeremy. Maybe that's why I added an extra dose of venom into my insults directed at him. The world couldn't know that Jeremy had broken Bianca Kelley, a girl who's legendary of leaving guys in dust made her famous at Hillton High. But damn it, I really liked him, in fact I couldn't really imagine my life without him anymore. Sometimes at night, I pictured us married. Me with my big pregnant belly and Jeremy returning from work as a lawyer ready to rub my swollen fe-- STOP IT!
            "I need to be treated like the lady I am, Jeremy. I can't let men walk all over me."
            I can't let myself think like that. Tears clouded my vision as I made my way towards Northwood Avenue. I should have pulled over and let myself have a good cry, but I just couldn't. Even broken hearted, I was still too stubborn to admit he got to me and wouldn't even let myself have that freedom.
            "You have one more chance, Jeremy. One. That's it. Don't screw it up."
            Just keep driving, I told myself. I sped up trying to get nowhere fast. Tears still clouded my vision so that all I could see were shapes, colors and doubles. A flash of white crossed my vision as my Red Saturn Vue hit something. The tears finally fell as I waited for, hoped for the white blur to get up and get on with his life. I waited. And waited. I got out of the car and walked slowly to the front of the car. Lying on the pavement was a sun-kissed haired boy with blood-stained hair and green eyes wide open. Gone was the smile within them.
 

© 2009 The Tudor Rose


Author's Note

The Tudor Rose
Suggestions? Revisions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on July 15, 2009

Author

The Tudor Rose
The Tudor Rose

Los Angeles, CA



About
er um...i like history, like centuries-ago-history (see my name). I started writing seriously in 3rd grade, if you can call Writer's Workshop serious, but I *did* take it more seriously than my classm.. more..

Writing