The way It is

The way It is

A Poem by theunionisloud

Bliss is the ignorant cat;
the one who stays in its bag and avoids a murderous confrontation with curiosity. 
there's only so much you can say before 
you wish you hadn't. 

Britney Spears doesn't vote in the primaries
and CEOs don't know a damned thing about
design or engineering or humanity.

and cats still paw at balls of yarn in mechanical euphoria. 

© 2012 theunionisloud


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting...very artistic, love how you mix it up. A very lovely poem. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Witty and intriguing. A unique perspective regarding the norms of society. Nice piece of writing. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


...and the bulk of humanity and media pundits claw, and paw, dig and scratch...right alongside them all...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the truth is out there.... and now you've extolled it in a finely distilled form. You can definitely say all of that again, and amen.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Doll, you are f*****g gifted. Sorry for the french but hey, where would the careers of Samuel L. Jackson and Joe Pesci ever be without it? Right?

Anyhow, you have really grown since I last read you. You seem to be using more concise, concrete images and expressions as opposed to heavily abstracted wordplay (Not that there is anything wrong with the latter)

But what makes this great art is you do what every great, real artist does. You take the words that the system taught you and turn it around and use it against the same system with beautiful/insane results.

and cats still paw at balls of yarn in mechanical euphoria.

this was a brilliant last line. I normally don't use the B word on here.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

598 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on July 12, 2012


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dark Fire Dark Fire

A Poem by Emberlorna


Whisper... Whisper...

A Poem by Quill~