THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY

THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY

A Story by The Unknown Sith

"Pa-rum-pa-pa-pum"
    I was the kid at the bus stop with high tops. When there used to be cassettes in a boom box. I was a Heinz 57' mutt with a bowl cut. A lone wolf who acted like he was raised by such. When we use to brown bag lunch. I'm at the corner store with a quarter in my pocket on a summer day; life was good.Mom did Avon and Daddy hauled wood. One time my dad cut out metal fishes which we blindly fished out with a wooden pole from a filled tub.We were poor but, I was rich in love...This is before girls and the problems we face as adults in the real world. When we use to go down to a muddy pond and catch unsuspecting frogs in an oversized net or sled down the snowy hill, take a spill, and run back up it again. When we used to pretend we could be anything and we believed it was as real as Santa Claus.

                     

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I reach up into the sky and pull down the moon for you!"

   I used to love it when my daughter put on her daddy's shoes. The minute I took them off...she had them on. I used to love the smile of her mom. I used to love it when my son was given a surprise. His eyes got 10 inches wide as he locked them with mine to see daddy's reply. Which was in dad's 101 class on how to overreact. I used to love being married, even if it didn't last...Later, me and the kids would get picture from the booth at the mall. I told my kids a midget was drawing our pictures from the other side as they tried to get me to admit it was a lie. It was a sad day when my daughter's rabbit done died and my son wouldn't fight back as did I. but, as time passed they passed me in being what all parents want for their child ,a better version of us.

    "futures so bright..." 
   I don't let the past be the past. I'm an addict who doesn't mind relapsing into memories of what used to be. The glass is half full to me.Even in a future of uncertainty that maybe dark and unforeseen. I use past memories as a beacon of hope, lighting a path that always leads me back, to home, to a pillow, that shoulders my mind, to the land of dreams and endless time.
by the unknown sith

See the source image

© 2022 The Unknown Sith


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I LOVED THIS!!!! I LOVED THE METER AND I LOVED THE STORY!!! It was so good!!!
I have to just, absolutely have to give this about 1,000,000/100 if I could, I loved it so much! I really wish I had more words for this, but really all I can tell you: is that I LOVE THIS!!!!

100/100

Nix ❤️

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Superb story , I really enjoyed reading

Posted 1 Year Ago


I LOVED THIS!!!! I LOVED THE METER AND I LOVED THE STORY!!! It was so good!!!
I have to just, absolutely have to give this about 1,000,000/100 if I could, I loved it so much! I really wish I had more words for this, but really all I can tell you: is that I LOVE THIS!!!!

100/100

Nix ❤️

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2021
Last Updated on May 31, 2022
Tags: boy, drummer, hansburg, nj, love, past, taco

Author

The Unknown Sith
The Unknown Sith

TN



About
My writing are like scabs, I can't stop picking at them, The deeper I read, the more they bleed, I am forever a starving artist. more..

Writing