At last

At last

A Chapter by Weeping Willow
"

Short Story

"

I look at the room around me; it’s been such a long time since I was last here. I sit on the sofa, waiting for Robert to return. I’ve been here for quite a while, I sure Robert won’t mind though. Robert is my childhood friend and only recently has Robert returned some of my feelings of love. It’s like a dream come true for me, I’ve loved him for so long and now he and I are going out.

The front door creeks, “At last, Robert must be back” I say almost singing. Robert walks towards me with his friendly smile and I smile back; I can’t help but feel happy when I’m around him. His brown hair and eyes are like a chocolate muffin freshly made.

“Britney, how long where you waiting for me?” He asks,

“Not long, but where were you?” I reply looking at him from the sofa, Robert puts down his stuff and come over to me and sits down.

Robert sighs then says, “I was at my part time job. Some people at work still don’t know how to use the cash register.”

“Really,” I pause; my face goes blank, “Is Amber still playing around with you?”

“She’s not as bad as you think,” Robert says, but I don’t care I hate that woman she has always tried to steal Robert away from me. She is almost like a devil who steals anything she can.

I get up and walk towards the kitchen, “Would you like some coffee?” I ask Robert, as I try to change the subject. The last thing I want is to fight about Amber with Robert.

“Yes, please.” He replies as he takes off his white work shoes.

I go straight into the kitchen and look at the bench where the set of knifes and the kettle is sitting, but then I notice Robert’s bag watching at me on the bench opposite to the kettle.

“Robert!” I shout, “It’s unhygienic to keep your bag on the kitchen bench.”

Robert pauses for a moment, “Sorry I forgot to put it in the wardrobe.” He laughs; I exhale as I put it away for him. I start making the coffee straight afterwards; if it wasn’t for me Robert wouldn’t survive in this world. I really hope soon he’ll realise how much I love him, and to return my feelings that would allow me to die a happy woman. Just knowing he knows that I love him so much, would allow me to die happily. After a few minutes the kettle screams, so I quickly make the coffees and bring out them into the lounge room.

“Be careful it’s hot!” I warn Robert as he takes a cup from my hand. Robert then takes a sip and laughs,

“You’re right, it is hot!” Robert says goofy around,

Then all of a sudden a knock comes from the front door. I walk towards it and open it only to see the devil standing in the arch way. Amber smiles at me and then pushes me out of the way; she runs straight to Robert and hugs him tightly.

“Why didn’t you call Robert?” She asks, my face grows with anger

“Amber!” Robert shouts spilling some of his coffee, “What are you doing here!”

“I came to see you silly, you were awfully cold to me today and you haven’t stopped by my place for a while.” Amber says, she quickly looks at me and stares for a few moments.

“Amber, we need to talk.” Robert says nervously,

I walk back into the kitchen, waiting for amber to leave or at least some explanation for what she just said. After a few minutes Amber leaves, and Robert walks into the kitchen. I lean down onto the bench right next to the kettle.

I can’t help but start crying, why did Robert betray me, He knows we can’t live without each other and yet.

“Britney,” Robert says with a gentle tone, “I use to date Amber,” those words pierce my heart. “And I didn’t break up with her yet!”

I feel so angry, it’s uncontrollable, and it’s almost like something snapped in my brain. My heart is breaking and I don’t know how to save myself.

“You didn’t break up yet?” I yell, “That’s just a lie, so you can cheat on me!”

“I’m sorry!” Robert yells at me, then he lowers his voice “I’m sorry,”

I grab a nearby object and smile, “I forgive you.” my tears stop for a moment as Robert walks closer to me not seeing the object in my hand, he starts pulling me towards him. One last tear escapes my eye, as in turn to face him. I move into his arms and a warm red liquid runs over my hand.

“S**t,” Robert shouts as he jumps back with the knife still in his stomach. I laugh,

“Don’t worry Robert, we’ll die together!” I smile, “I wouldn’t want you to die alone after all.”

I grab another knife and stab myself in the stomach. Robert runs into the lounge room, “Help,” he yells, “Someone help me!” it almost as if he doesn’t want my love, but I know that deep down his does want my love. So I have no choice but to give it all to him at once.

Robert then trips other, “I’ll help you, my darling.” I say as he gets back up I chase him, “We’ll be together forever!” I say as he trips again this time right next to the couch, I turn him over and stab him in the chest right next to his heart.

I then lay on his chest, listening to his heart beat slowly decrease, I lay their until his heartbeat stops. I pull myself to my feet and smile while crying. I look around the room and laugh; I can’t count the times I’ve had to break into this room, waiting for Robert to return. I start laughing uncontrollably,

“At last he realise how much I love him!”



© 2014 Weeping Willow


Author's Note

Weeping Willow
terrible grammar, but I had to write it for English I wish to know what you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

it's very dramatic and a bit insane. it's left me feeling sorry for britney that she was so desperately with him that it made her go insane to the point that it ended with their lives when they could of worked it out.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on March 6, 2014
Last Updated on March 6, 2014


Author

Weeping Willow
Weeping Willow

Dream land, Shelbyville, Australia



About
My name is Weeping Willow I am a girl, and I love to write. I’m not always good and usually get bored of something easily. I’m a little weird and far out when it comes to stories. Even th.. more..

Writing