Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by They.Call.Me.Mo

CHAPTER TWO

 

 

            “Witch?” I asked in a small voice, puzzled.

            “Yeah,” she said, “I’m a witch.”

            “I-I-I…I don’t know what to say…” I was shocked, “Why didn’t you tell me before?”

            “I guess the time wasn’t right.”

            “What makes now so different?”

            She glanced at Trinity who was minding her own business, doodling on a scrap of paper, though she was probably listening intently, “I’ll tell you later. Let’s just get our shopping done now.”

            I exhaled in a sigh, “Okay.” I forced a smile.

            Blayre turned to Trinity once more, “We need the dresses, pentacles, perfume, and I need to restock on a few herbs.”

            “Look around and tell me when you’re ready. I think I heard the bell. I’ll be back in a moment,” Trinity gestured to a bureau-looking piece of furniture before walking out of the room, “Accessories are in there. Take your time.”

            “Thanks, Hun.” Blayre gestured for me to go to the dresses.

            As Trinity had before, it was my turn to take a peek at the Samhain styles, “These are cute.” My mood had lifted miraculously.

            “Find one you like. I’m buying,” Blayre smiled and the light friendly mood had settled upon the room yet again.

            “What about this one?” I held up a dress for her to see. It was a sleeveless white dress that stopped just above the knee. It was cut as a V-neck with a wide halter. I loved the back. The back was open but the bottom half of the back above the waist was laced up with thin black lace. Around the midsection of the dress was a three-inch thick black belt. Embroidered with white thread was a simple pentagram right in the center of the belt. That dress was the most beautiful I’d ever seen.

            “Wow, she wasn’t kidding when she had some great stuff,” Blayre motioned for me to turn it around. I did, “Is it your size?”

            “I think so,” I looked for a tag. There wasn’t one.

            “They’re handmade. Trinity’s an artist with fabric. Try it on so I can see,” she pointed to a room divider in the corner, “Over there.”

            “Okay,” I walked behind the divider, stripped down to my underclothes and pulled the dress over my head. It was a perfect fit.

            We both got our dresses. Blayre’s was black and white as well. It was simpler, but just as elegant with the strapless cut and lace closing the back. The top part was tight and black, stopping just below the bust. There was a small silver pentagram embroidered on the left breast. The bottom part of the dress was white and flowing, stopping at her knees.

            We found the accessories, fragrances, and things that she was looking for and paid Trinity at the front. Blayre had told me the herbs were for her more elaborate spells.

 

            “So where’s the party?” I asked when we were back in the car, heading back to my house.

            “There’s a beach not too far from here. It’s going to be a big gathering tonight.”

            “That sounds fun.”

“Yeah, Peter and Jack will be there.”

“They’re witches, too?” I was stunned.

“No.”

“So I won’t be the only human?”

“Not exactly,” Blayre said after a short moment of hesitation.

“What do you mean?”

“I think it’ll be better if they tell you themselves. They were planning on telling you and I don’t want to ruin it for them.”

I sighed, “This is going to be a long day.”

“But I’ll make sure it’s fun,” Blayre said, hopeful.

And we did have fun. We rolled down the windows, blasted Katy Perry, and sang as obnoxiously as we could all the way home, only half stopping our duet to laugh at the weird looks that people kept giving us whenever we stopped at a traffic light. At one point, a carful of guys turned up a Britney Spears song that happened to be on the radio and attempted to sing more obnoxiously. It was a tie. By the time we arrived home to get ready, our sides were bursting with pain from laughing so much.

The time passed quickly as we got ourselves ready for the party. We left at five o’clock so we wouldn’t be late.



© 2010 They.Call.Me.Mo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on April 8, 2010
Last Updated on April 8, 2010


Author

They.Call.Me.Mo
They.Call.Me.Mo

Citrus Heights, CA



About
My name is Morganne :] Born 6/3/95 and happily taken in a relationship. I have a daughter that was born 2/29/12. I write poetry, and I try to write books. Someday, I'll finish one. more..

Writing