Chapter 27

Chapter 27

A Chapter by thuaners

Sitting out the front of the Encumbered Adventurer Tavern were two men, huddled up in rough, warm blankets.  One was Four-tooth and the other, was his new friend, Anton.

“Can I ask,” said Anton, “If its so important for me not to get captured by the King’s men and implicating Lena and Clarence, why am I sitting in plain sight just outside their tavern?”

Four-tooth looked at Anton and said in a sagely voice, “In plain sight is the last place they’ll think to look.  Sitting here as bums, we are basically invisible.  Trust me, I’ve been observing human nature for years.”  For added impact, he tapped the side of his nose with his forefinger.

Just then, came the sound of many horses approaching.

“Brace yourself,” said Four-tooth, “The kettle is about to boil.”

About a dozen or so men on horseback stopped in front of the tavern.  Anton noticed that they were wearing maroon and gold uniforms, which meant they were all elite soldiers of the King.  Each would be a formidable opponent if swords were crossed.

Then a fancy looking carriage of purple and black rolled up, pulled by two grey horses.  The driver of the carriage hopped down and opened the door.  An elegant young lady emerged.  She had a mane of red hair and  wore a long, silky emerald green dress, which sparkled in the moonlight.  Anton noticed she carried a longsword at her side.

“That’s Abigail!” whispered Four-tooth, “One of the Three Sisters.  We’re in trouble if they’re getting involved.”

The next person to come out was another young lady; this lass had blonde hair and wore a sleek, green robe.  She carried a golden staff that had a blue jewel at its head.

‘It’s Arisa!” said Four-tooth, “Another of the Three Sisters!”

“Who are the Three Sisters?” said Anton quietly.

“Three girls who took an oath of sisterhood,” said Four-tooth, “They are among the top fighters in the Realm.  Gwendolyn, the eldest sister, was previously the most deadly assassin in the Shadows Guild.”

Out stepped a third young lady with dark brown hair.  She wore light green leather armour, and had a long dagger at either hip.

“Let me guess,” said Anton, “That’s Gwendolyn, of the Three Sisters.”

“Aye,” mumbled Four-tooth.

Anton observed these three girls.  There was no doubt they were formidable fighters.  He could just tell.

And then one last person stepped out of the carriage.  This time it was a man Anton recognised.  He had a wispy goatee, an eyepatch over his left eye, and a stern looking face.

“Javier!” mumbled Anton and Four-tooth at the same time.

“You know him?” said Four-tooth.

“Yes,” said Anton, “From a long time ago.  He didn’t like me very much back then.  I hope he’s forgotten me.”

Javier spoke to the soliders present.  “Surround the building.  No one goes in or out until our business here is done.”  He looked at the Three Sisters and said, “Come.  We have an Anton DiManlen to catch.”

The four of them entered the tavern.

The King’s soldiers dismounted and formed a very intimidating looking barrier around the tavern.  All of them either ignored or didn’t notice the two homeless who were huddled up against the wall, pretending to be asleep.



© 2014 thuaners


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on February 27, 2014
Last Updated on February 27, 2014
Tags: passion of the liger chapter ch

Passion of the Liger


Author

thuaners
thuaners

Australia



About
Currently writing a fantasy adventure story online (called 'Passion of the Liger' :) ). hope you enjoy reading it ^^ more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by thuaners