Chapter 33

Chapter 33

A Chapter by thuaners

The carriage rolled quietly along the cobblestone roads of Firgenduke.

            “It is such a shame you struck him with your needles, sister,” said Abigail, “I was looking forward to sparring with the Iron Snake.”

            Javier and the Three Sisters, who were seated on the plush, purple seats, looked down at the floor between them.  Anton was lying there with his hands bound by some thick rope.

            “How long will he stay unconscious for?” said Javier.

            “It’s hard to say,” said Arisa, “It could be a few days.  Or a few hours.  He could even wake up right now.”

            All of them were silent for a moment, as if they half expected him to wake up.

            Suddenly, there was a noise from the front of the coach; it sounded to be a struggle, then voices, and then the sound of someone being thrown off.            

    “What’s happening?” said Gwendolyn, “The carriage is turning around.”

            Javier turned and pulled back the little wooden slat, which revealed a metallic grill.  He peered through, but in the darkness saw nothing.

            “Svenson,” said Javier, “Why are we turning around?  I need to get Anton to the King as soon as possible.”

            There was no response.

            Javier shuffled to the door and opened it.  He leaned out into the cool, night air and looked at who was driving.

            It was Lena Straud, owner of the Encumbered Adventurer.  Seated next to her was a man dressed in rags that Javier didn’t recognise.

            Why were these people driving his carriage?

            Lena turned to Javier, smiled and pointed upwards, indicating that he should look upwards.

            Javier looked up and saw a very familiar looking man perched on the roof of the carriage.

            “Clarence Straud!” said Javier, “What are you doing?”

            “Rescuing my friend,” said Clarence, and he reached down and gave Javier a push.  Javier who had been balancing out the door, now tumbled out and skidded onto the cobblestone road.   When he finally came to a stop, his coach was disappearing down the road.

In the opposite direction to the Castle.

            Javier wasn’t sure what was going on, but he knew he didn’t like it.  He jumped up and bellowed at the top of his lungs:

            “After that carriage!  Arrest the Straud’s!  Bring them to me!”



© 2015 thuaners


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on December 10, 2014
Last Updated on August 27, 2015

Passion of the Liger


Author

thuaners
thuaners

Australia



About
Currently writing a fantasy adventure story online (called 'Passion of the Liger' :) ). hope you enjoy reading it ^^ more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by thuaners