Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by thuaners

Narteb lay there on the grassy hill.  it was a sunny afternoon and he was having a very relaxing day.  He was laying on his back, with his hands behind his head and his knees bent.  He was looking up at the sky.  Big fluffy white clouds, looking majestic and mysterious.  It was fun to look at them.  Every now and then he would even look at the brilliant white sun.  When he was a kid, people told him not to look at the sun, or you'll go blind.  He was a daredevil type these days and quite regularly would glance at the sun.  Not for long mind you; but just long enough to prove to himself there was no real harm in an occasional glance.

Presently, he plucked a nearby dandelion, that had been swaying in the breeze invitingly for the past half an hour or so.

How did this work?  Blow all these fluffy things off it in one breath, and make a wish.  Was that how it went?  He figured he had already plucked the dandelion, it would be a waste not to attempt to make a wish.

He blew.

And for the first time in his life, he actually managed to blow off all the fluff.

Make a wish...

I wish for a fun and exciting life. He dwelled on that thought long enough for the wish to register, with whoever was in charge of granting these wishes.

He smiled.  He wondered if his would would come true.

"Narteb!"

He sighed.  It was his mum calling.  No doubt this meant he had some chores to do.

"Come down and hang up this washing!" she called up to him.

For a moment, he continued to lay there.

"Get down here before I kick your a*s!" said his mum.

At that polite request, he decided it was best to get a moving.  He got up and strolled down the hill to help his mum hang up the washing.

After all was said and done, he was indeed a good son.



© 2011 thuaners


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

thanks so much Scarlett! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


That was great. Didn't know you wrote so well! Charming and interesting too. Can't wait to see how his wish comes true!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2011
Last Updated on August 24, 2011

Passion of the Liger


Author

thuaners
thuaners

Australia



About
Currently writing a fantasy adventure story online (called 'Passion of the Liger' :) ). hope you enjoy reading it ^^ more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by thuaners