On My Way To School

On My Way To School

A Poem by Dove

First hit

My lip splits

Eyes swell

This won’t end well

Kicked in my knee

D****t please

Just let me be

Why are you doing this to me!

They take my homework and rip it

They see my money so they steal it

They like my shoes so they take them

It’s one of me and many of them

“Leave me alone just leave me alone I promise I won’t tell”

Ring ring, Oh my God I’ve been saved by the bell

Or at least so I thought

Hmm maybe I should have fought

I have to remember

Sticks and stones may break my bones….

Retard

Fatso

Ugly

Weirdo

Freak

Prick

…. But names can really hurt me

I go up the stairs and through the doors

My face and my clothes are messy but no one cares

I go to the bathroom and clean up the mess

It’s ok though

Because I know

I will be safe

… Until recess


© 2011 Dove


Author's Note

Dove
This by far isn't my best poem but it still came from the heart so I hope everyone likes it. I would like critism... Just don't be to harsh:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an excellent analogy of bullying and the effects is has on the victim. The imagery was spot on and the cadence was mostly rhythmic. Good poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That was the most catchy poem I've ever read! It definitely made me giggle, and it was one hell of a journey through a poem. It's not what I expected when I clicked on it, which is very, very good. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This poem made me feel sad on the inside but I also thought it was a very catchy poem because of you made it rhyme. Overall I thought it was a great poem and I'm definitely interested in reading your other poems.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Isn't your best you say, all poems that come from the heart are good, they wont all be as strong in every way but this is strong in describing an event, A moving one at best. Most of us here on writer's cafe might be able to relate to this sort of thing and it's cool that you shared this. I enjoyed the structure with short lines, made it more fun and more suitable for the situation of a child describing it. Good one.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I haven't felt this exactly, but I have been down the road of recieving the calling names, and this is sad, but beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


it does feel strait from the heart, and a very sad heart at that, some don't realize the power of words, the hurtful words usually come from "dummies"! Some people need to get a life. Good poem here.
*bird*

Posted 12 Years Ago


You say this isn't your best poem; maybe it is, maybe it isn't. The fact is, whether it's better than or worse than anything else is completely irrelevant and totally subjective. What matters is that it came from your heart. And you have clearly stated in your description and it more than shows in your words that it has, and that's what counts. My only criticism is your own humbleness. You should be proud of every word you write because they are your own and you have taken the time and effort to do so in the first place. We have found a way to speak our minds and portray some of our deepest feelings, emotions, opinions, and views. And we have done so in such a way, that we are able to piece them together, word by word, and thought by thought, to create such vivid imagery of love and lust, betrayal and hate, pain and loss, and everything that falls between. We speak those things that words alone could never explain. We are poets, we are artists, we are lyricists, and we are bards. And we can accomplish this all, through the simple art of expression. Never forget that ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


a very sad truth...

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is well done ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it even if you don't think this is your best. This is how most kids feel growing up. They are bullied for a lot of reasons. They grew up with lice, they don't know how to dress properly, they stink. They are geeks, fat, too skinny, they were glasses so they are called 4 eyes. They are raised by a gay family. No matter where you go you will be picked on or judged because of many reasons. I belive we need to take a stand against bullies and bullying. Very good poem!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1671 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2011
Last Updated on November 13, 2011

Author

Dove
Dove

Antioch, CA



About
I will forever be a mystery more..

Writing
My Abuse My Abuse

A Poem by Dove



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hermit Hermit

A Poem by Poe Redd


Fallen For You Fallen For You

A Poem by Thea