A different kind of love.

A different kind of love.

A Poem by thundershine

I don't want what our culture deems as "love." Their love is contractual. It has terms. It's about your own happiness. It's about your own benefit & fun. If you can't control the person, if they don't make you happy, if it doesn't "feel right"...then you leave them. When did love become all about "me?"

I want a love that people only hear about in stories. A love that's stronger than death, stronger than trials, and stronger than success. I want a love that I can feel down to my bones, so that even when I can't feel it, like my spine, it holds together. I want a love that is shared so deeply, that our breath becomes one.

I want a love that grows deeper with separation, stronger with pain, wilder with age. I want to love in every form, at every age, in every way. I want a love that even when feelings wax and wane, the love stands like a beacon of hope.

I want a love that's an open door, that doesn't clutch onto the other out of fear. That's full of winsome delight. Where one can be oneself. I want a love full of courage, that's willing to take a bullet for the other. I want a love that never gives up. I want a love that is SO strong...it's strong enough to let go. Strong enough to surrender. That places the others happiness above ones own. I want a love that never ends.

© 2015 thundershine


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on July 14, 2015
Last Updated on July 14, 2015
Tags: love, romance, poetry

Author

thundershine
thundershine

PA



About
I am a traveler on this spinning mud-ball we call earth. more..

Writing