Left Here Missing You, Again

Left Here Missing You, Again

A Poem by Tierra Starr

I’m left here missing you. Again, waiting for the next time I’ll get to see you. Kiss your lips. Feel your warm embrace. Every time I have to say goodbye, it feels like my heart is breaking all over again. I die a little inside. I can’t completely feel alive when you leave.  You’re my second half, my heart, my soul. I’m ripped apart. My wounds opening up again and again. But with time, I start to heal. I go back to my routine, and I feel ok. But with time, I see you again. I’m in a state of pure bliss, happiness that I can’t imagine ending. We say our goodbyes like we’ve done many times before,

 

And I’m left here missing you.  Again, I’m crying all night. Remembering the night before, a billion things going through my head at once. Why can’t we be together always? Why do we have to be so far apart? Why does it have to be so hard for us? Why do we have to wait? If I didn’t love you so much, this wouldn’t be so hard. Our love is strong and I know it’s a forever kind of love. I’ll wait for you to get here. I’ll be as strong as I can be.

 

But until then, I’m left here missing you. Again, the pain flows right through me.  Needing you overwhelms me. I’m facing these feelings and there’s nothing I can do. You’re the only remedy.  I try to fight these tears but I am weak. I sit here and cry at any thought of you.  Precious thoughts that I cherish. But thoughts. Thoughts of you that surface the heart ache. Memories flashing through my mind like a movie. In my thoughts I’m still with you. I’m smiling and lying next to you. I look into your eyes and you tell me you love me.  Tell me I’m beautiful. “I love you too. More than anything,” I say. Our lips touch and in an instant we’re so close. Never wanting this moment to end, I savor every second.

 

I’m left here missing you. Again, trying to gather anything that smells like you. Ridiculous? Maybe. But some how it’s comforting. For a minute I feel you near. You’re not here, but you are.  In my mind, in my heart, and in an unknown presence that this smell brings. I’m foolish and crazy for crying this much. It’s pathetic and silly because I know I’ll see you again. But not knowing when is what’s killing me.

 

I’m left here missing you. Again, wondering how I ever got so lucky. You’re mine and I feel like the luckiest girl to have you. You’re amazing and perfect with everything you do. But I’m yours too. We keep each other in line. I’m in love. I’m sure of this. There’s no question that you’re my soul mate. We are strong and I know we’ll make it. Our future is so near and soon we won’t have to wait any more. So soon, we won’t have to miss each other and be left so helplessly.

 

I’ll be left there missing you, but not for a week or a month or even a year, but for as little as a few hours. Again, you’ll kiss my lips before you leave for work. I’ll say, “Goodbye, I love you so much. I’ll see you later.” Again, all day I’ll be thinking of you. The day will drone on and it will be long and stressful, but I’ll know at the end of the day, I won’t really be left here missing you. 

© 2013 Tierra Starr


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MAC
what a beautiful love letter. sigh excellent write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MAC
seems like a letter of release. well expressed emotions! an excellent write

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tierra Starr

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
very nicely penned..alot of feelings of love and passion expressed in a very nice way. i loved how you have written this. it is really sweet when meeting the lover but the more sweetness of meeting is, the more bitterness we feel when it is time to get apart..
i loved this really..
thank you for writing and sharing this..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tierra Starr

11 Years Ago

Thank you :) I wrote this the first time my boyfriend came up to visit me in college and the day he .. read more
khalid

11 Years Ago

you nicely penned it really..

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2013
Last Updated on February 26, 2013
Tags: missing, you, him, love, long, distance, pain

Author

Tierra Starr
Tierra Starr

MT



About
I am a 20 year old just entering college looking for my writing identity. I have a passion that I haven't often shared and i'd love for my voice to finally be heard. more..

Writing