Writers

Writers

A Poem by Mauricio Montoya
"

open page

"

         Writers 
  
 I’m a writer’ you’re a writer.
 In a world of chaotic words.
 The pen they say is mightier than the sword.
 Therefore acute is what we display.
 As our letters reach the page.
 Then time will tell what we relay.
 When our feelings of written rage.
 Give wisdom and understanding.

That comes, only with age.
                             

                            By Mauricio Montoya

© 2010 Mauricio Montoya


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Me gusto mocho! Very well done. i like the age/wisdom thing...I'll get the second part of that someday.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You expressed your feelings well. Great job, I liked it a lot.
♥ Ta'Shandra

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is wonderful to be able to write your feelings down , and you exspressed that very well in your poem!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ron
This feels like being shot with a scatter gun of words. All pellets are stinging and being able to sense the pellet spread pattern from the pains. It reads as a block rathers than through its stanzas. This is an irate Maurico who seems to back experience and age related wisdom in this work. As usual entertaining work from a mercurial writer.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Writing is art. And being a good, gifted writer is a wonderful blessing. I like this poem because everyline with all its rhyme and beautiful simlicity is true. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OA good look at the mind when it wont cooperate

Posted 13 Years Ago


What poetric wisdom Mauricio! I loved your poem. I enjoyed the rhyme and the message.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another writers block poem? C'mon! I know its in you to write about something that inspires you! Sometimes with writers block though, you can write about non sense and create a really awesome piece out of it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the tone of this, it's familiar and tender.
I like it.
Il like the last lines the most, and how they're hopeful and understanding, and how i think you're trying to say how our writing, even hen we do have writer's block, sometimes become great works, becoming most memorable over time. Give wisdom and understanding./ That comes only with age.
You know, my favorite thing to do when i have writer's block is write a poem about having writer's block or a poem about writer's block itself.
Very inspirational, nice write.
10/10.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2010
Last Updated on November 3, 2010

Author

Mauricio Montoya
Mauricio Montoya

oakland, CA



About
Love to draw and cook from time to time, when I'm not drawing I’ll write poems. My favorite poet is Edgar Allen Poe. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..