Confronting History

Confronting History

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

When we refuse to acknowledge that certain events in the past have played an important role in events that are unfolding today we are all in trouble.

"
When we are confronted by our history and fail to realize what has transpired by past events we become ignorant to what those events have actually done to our future.  Today, the United States has internal crisis stemming back to what Congress did more than 150 years ago.  When we deny, or completely dismiss the root cause of our nations troubles it is an open invitation for disaster. To put this in perspective one of the major crisis in the United States today is the national debt. This debt has reached all time highs and is threatening the very core of America. Now, if we find that the root cause for our national debt actually occurred by what Congress did over 150 years ago but continue to dismiss it as here say or just another conspiracy theory when in fact events in the past actually took place we have only ourselves to blame for our inaction. We continue to ignore and really are too blind to see even if the evidence is right in our face that past events have had lasting effects on every American today.

Are we as a nation really that brainwashed into disbelieving what our very own congress did when it passed the Act of 1871, the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, what FDR did in 1933 and what the National Economic Security Reformation Act of 2000 would do? The Act of 1871,  the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and House Bill HR 1491 that was signed by FDR in 1933 all have had lasting and devastating effects on every American. These are the root causes as to why the National Debt is where it is today. Had the National Economic Security And Reformation Act of 2000 been implemented our nation and our citizens would be so much better off than we are today. Think about it, because our future as a nation depends on what was done or not done in the past.

To but blame alone on what Congress and Presidents have and still do is not justification enough to realize that they alone acted without knowing what those actions would do. We can justly say that our own government have and continue to fail the American public. And, we can also justly say that the American public have failed the country by not holding our government accountable. This happens when the American public won't accept the fact that our very own government acted with impunity toward every American. We have become oblivious to the fact that events in the past actually happened. By our own denial we have failed to realize that the system of our government that we have now is rigged against the American public.   

Today, we have a broken economy, racial injustice, soaring income inequality, and so many more urgent crisis that can be remedied if we only accepted what our own government has done in the past. We as a nation can't fix a broken and divided nation until we recognize the root causes and eliminate those root causes. And, until we finally wake up to the fact that repealing the Act of 1871,  implementing National Economic Security and Reformation Act of 2000 and National Economic Reform's Ten Articles of Confederation the United States will cease being recognized as the country that our Founding Fathers forged.  

The past is replaying itself today. It was in 1968 that Senator Robert Kennedy launched a Presidential campaign under very similar circumstances that we have today. That was the year that the war in Vietnam was dividing a nation, racial injustices were happening all too frequently and an economy that was failing many Americans. Robert Kennedy's platform was more about creating equal justice for all and an economy that worked for every American. Sound familiar, it should because today Senator Sanders campaign is very comparable to that of Robert Kennedy's.

We had better heed what was done in the past because they are the root causes to much of our nations inner turmoils. And, when we have a Presidential Candidate today that not only sees much of what our real problems are but offers realistic solutions we had better rally behind that message. If we fail to realize that those solutions are viable and essential like what Senator Robert Kennedy tried to do we can all say we had our chance to improve the quality of life for all Americans but blew it out of shear ignorance. 

© 2019 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on March 10, 2019
Last Updated on March 10, 2019
Tags: National Debt, Economy, History

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing