Bernie's Last Stand

Bernie's Last Stand

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

Senator Sanders last chance to win the Presidency

"
With Trump in the White House it seems that our society has in so many respects succumbed to a much lower common denominator. The divisions that exist have only exasperated the growing divide that has turned humanity away from what is good and virtuous. It is quite evident when for the past 30 years the violent atrocities in our schools, entertainment venues, churches, and other places where the public gathers has steadily increased in severity and frequency. Yet, our leaders seem powerless to find solutions that would negate all the horrific violence that is like a plague on our society.
The truth of the matter is that no one seems to acknowledge that there has been a generational decline in morals, ethics, financial stability along with an increase of governmental laws, mandates and Supreme Court rulings that have only intensified the growing insensitivity of too many. With this recent assault on women's rights the long arm of an obtrusive government has again striped away an inherit right. The government has no right to interfere with a women's right to choose. That decision is between herself, her family and her God not the government. As a nation we have failed our society because we have either ignored, deemed not credible, or otherwise dismissed our own history. It is a very sad commentary for this nation that our elected officials continue to forsake the American public by all the contentious behavior displayed in every election cycle and legislation chambers in every state house all the wall to Washington.
The rise of violence not only in the United States but through-out the world continues and with it continues the demoralization of America. The Trump Administration has ushered in a host of contingencies that have exasperated the rise of instability and violence we see on an almost weekly basis. For the past two and a half years when we should have ushered in policies that would improve the standard of living for all Americans and decrease the violent atrocities our elected officials did nothing. Had we done what New Zealand did following their most recent act of terror just maybe some of the violence we see would have been avoided.
Today, the Trump White House has again created a tempest of financial chaos with his trade policies that have already caused the cost of living to skyrocket. This at the same time when the majority of Americans can least afford it. Now, to redirect America's attention away from the adverse economic reality caused by the most costly imposed tariffs this Administration has set in motion yet another military fiasco in the Mid-East. This is just another example of an Administration who cares not for the American public. Not since the days of Andrew Johnson has the United States been subject to an incompetent and blundering President. A President who might just put American forces again in harms way and who already has caused one of the worst financial and economic calamities of our times. 
With the primary season heating up along with the summers rising temperatures the tempers of a growing frustrated public many will undoubtedly erupt against the many reforms that are needed to stabilize the instability and insecurity created by the disingenuous policies of not only this Administration but of past Administrations.  It is quite obvious that the fellowship of the American public has withered and died on that vine of so many lost opportunities. And, with the political discord that is displayed by so many has only underscored why the United States is so divided.
When we look at the political landscape for 2020 it is quite obvious what the DNC is trying to do. In their haste to thwart a Sanders nomination they have underwritten practically every other Presidential candidate especially Joe Biden. In this way the necessary reforms that Senator Sanders hopes to implement will never materialize. A repeat of 2016 is an almost certainty. That is when the DNC went out of their way to sabotage Bernie Sanders bid of the Democratic nomination. It is high time that the public starts to realize that the status-quo hasn't worked for decades for the majority of Americans and that radical change is necessary to restore the American Dream for all Americans. It won't happen under Trump and it most certainly won't work under Joe Biden or any other candidate. Change is necessary for growth and rebirth. That is part of the message that Senator Sanders brings to the American public. 

© 2019 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on May 19, 2019
Last Updated on May 19, 2019
Tags: History, Education, Politics

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing