Winters Last Gasp

Winters Last Gasp

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

The inactions of government has crippled the US.

"
As winters chill lingers on much of the country continues feeling it's wrath. No respite for those weary souls who are trapped in the harshness of their surroundings. The threats are many who come into this world for most of the past years have unleashed a torrent of displeasures that have only exasperated the human condition. The significance of which is that the Doomsday Clock is moving closer to that midnight hour. 
The where-with-all of all the technological, medical and scientific marvels that man has developed over the years humanity ought to be moving away from that midnight hour, the point of no return. Apparently this just shows not only our failure and reluctance to advance the human experience for millions but proves mankind is his own worst enemy. The inhumanity to man and nature has brought the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse galloping ever forward. 
Mankind's will to survive has always been tested. It seems like every year brings new challenges to our survival. The current plague has manifested itself into historical proportions. The results have put enormous pressures on governmental responses and resources. We are now in an age of instant communications where responses should have been immediate to ward off what is now a full blown Pandemic. Yet, the United States has had the least satisfactory response of all the countries impacted by this deadly pandemic.
It has taken too long to realize the total implications of the disastrous inactions of our own government. When hundreds of thousands of Americans have already died demands immediate responses. Responses to further mitigate the human suffering resulting from the almost irresponsible and downright disgraceful way the government responses have been. Meanwhile thousands are continually thrown into a cycle of poverty, homelessness and wondering where their next meal will come from. All of these further contributes to the continuation of the human suffering resulting from the lack of governmental responses.

The intent of these newly developed vaccines is to slow and stop the spread of this Covid-19 virus. But, what is actually happening the distribution of vaccines has met with delays, confusion, and priority preference to certain individuals. Once again there has been no immediate national response by government to bring vaccinations to everyone. Now, the mutations that are evolving are a realistic threat to further prolong this pandemic.

What is happening today is that Congress has their priorities confused to say the least. Focusing on impeachment after the fact instead of responding the the actual needs of so many millions of Americans. Delays, have always been part of government inactions especially when it comes to actual helping out their own citizens. Congress continues to frustrate a besieged Pandemic stricken public.

The monumental problems facing the U.S. today cannot be overcome by governmental procrastination on reforms and policies that directly deal with solving the many ills of our society. The time to hesitate is through. And, yet that is all our government has been doing. The vaccination rollout, the latest Cvid-19 Stimulus bill are all recent failures of government in times of great need. As in the past when the wheels of government do move they are too slow , too inefficient and too defective in the aid that is finally delivered. We are seeing the results daily. A nation torn apart by indifferences and vast inequality.

© 2021 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on February 11, 2021
Last Updated on February 11, 2021
Tags: Governmental Responses to this P

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing