The Missing Pages of American History Part VI

The Missing Pages of American History Part VI

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

The historical context of what could have been

"
Hindsight in in history is often very helpful to avoid repeating mistakes that were made even decades ago. In contrast to what many have been led to believe or taught General Douglas MacArthur and General Patton were right after all. Much of the world today is a direct result of what has happened when both Generals were denied in fulfilling their true destiny.
It is quite evident that historians have long since criticized the actions of General MacArthur and General Patton. It can be arguably said that General MacArthur knew the layout of the Pacific arena much better than anyone of the Joint Chiefs in Washington, FDR and even Truman. And yet too many in government and the military establishment at that time mistook MacArthur's uncanny ability to see what actually needs to be done to make decisive military decisions as arrogance. Sure, MacArthur had a flare about him, so did General Patton. But both men understood the very concept of War. And in MacArthur's words "the most malignant scourge of man."
Today the people in government have to be much better students of history than we are seeing today. The United States continues to commit grievous errors in judgement. Today what we are seeing is widespread governmental abuse of taxpayers' dollars that have far reaching consequences upon humanity. 
The United States has become the instigator of too many military actions that have done irrevocable damage to our nation's credibility, lowered the American public's standard of living, and pretty much destabilized much of the world. Now when you look back to say General Patton, had he lived Russia today would be a member of NATO and this whole crisis in Ukraine would have been avoided. Instead, what we have is the US sponsoring the escalation of a war that should never have happened in the first place.
By our continuing funding wars especially in Ukraine not to mention past Administrations covert operations all around the world have created the tempests the world is facing today. The US government whether willingly or not and in most cases have done so most willingly have become one of history's most lethal government. This is what happens when leaders get wrapped up in prejudging the military leaders at a time that could have made a difference but were denied the opportunity to do so.
Back in a time that could have made a difference today had Truman and Eisenhower been not so antagonistic toward MacArthur and had Kennedy lived we would have seen a much better world that we are seeing today. When we had a chance to bring lasting peace we continue to fail to do so all because we are such poor students of history not to see what could have been.



© 2022 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

• A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner.

Really? Strangely, Google doesn't know that such a paper exists. And maybe it's me, but I'd think a professional writer would know how to format something like this—and, know how to punctuate.

• Hindsight in in history is often very helpful to avoid repeating mistakes that were made even decades ago.

I'd also think that such a person would know how to edit, and would have done the spell check that would have picked up that doubled word.

And of course, a pro wouldn't have stated it that awkwardly.

Here's the thing. Your opinions are your own, and you're entitled to them, of course. But trying to make those opinions seem valid by pretending to be what you're not, instead of actually acquiring the education and skills you claim to have? That seems more the ethical approach you're accusing others of.

Sorry, guy, but you need to wipe the egg off of your face and come clean. If your views are valid they will stand on their own.

But as for that, in looking backward at what you've posted over only the past 4 years, have you not noticed that virtually no one is agreeing, or even commenting? Have you not seen the significance of the fact that those who do respond aren't giving you praise? The probability that you're getting it wrong really should have occurred to you. Never forget that no matter how much you believe something, or want to to be true, that doesn't make it either true or false. Nor does pretending to be someone you're not garb you in their expertise.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
1 Review
Added on November 17, 2022
Last Updated on November 17, 2022
Tags: History, Government

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing