The Universal Existence of Mankind

The Universal Existence of Mankind

A Story by Dr. Tim Williams
"

The purpose of mankind

"
Where there is life there has to be meaning. There are so many unanswered questions that profound mankind. "To be or not to be." The eternal question from Shakespear. As perplexing as today is there can be no greater purpose than preserving the sanctity of life. Yet, the realm of reality today plainly disputes that. Humanity has drifted away from this great purpose. No longer are we all intertwined in the brotherhood of Man. We seem to seek and amplify the imperfections that we all have creating a domino effect for the fall of man.

As long as there is civility in this world there is still hope for humanity. When Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon for one giant step for mankind, we would like to think that just maybe there really is hope for us after all. Seasons come and go like life itself. The end of one season brings about the birth of another. And so it goes, an endless cycle of life. Then again, the way the world is today really the paradox of our existence.

The great travesties that are occurring lie in the deficiencies in nurturing human responses in fostering tolerance, empathy, compassion and reverence for life. But, with the current waves of torment through-out the world too many are caused by man's insatiable appetite for power, control, and wealth. How much longer can we exist in a world filled with so much divisiveness, hate, and animosity is anybody's guess. But one thing for sure is that mankind has the capability to right the wrongs that keep our existence headed toward oblivion. 

The universal existence of man does lie is our own ability. Man is endowed with capabilities that have created so many wonderous technologies, managed to cure many diseases, reached for the moon and actually got there and so much more. Yet there has always been a dark side of humanity that has always managed to destroy many of man's creations. If we can temper the dark side of man with goodness and virtue, then there is hope that mankind can weather the storms of life. 

© 2022 Dr. Tim Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on November 19, 2022
Last Updated on November 19, 2022
Tags: History

Author

Dr. Tim Williams
Dr. Tim Williams

Tampa, FL



About
A feature writer for the Tampa Bay Examiner. Founded the Department of Economic Development for the cities of Salem and Brockton, Mass. more..

Writing