For you, who will always be my sunshine

For you, who will always be my sunshine

A Story by grotesqedetail
"

A letter to someone

"

Dear you,

    

    I’m trying to let you go, I swear. I try every day not to think about you. It would have been really nice to have you to talk to when my grandfather passed away. I feel like you would have known how it felt, no one else really did. I say this because I cared for you when your two aunts died. I loved you then and I was sad for you. I cried a few times over it.



The only reason why I think I was prettier back then is because you made me feel beautiful.



I have your number in my phone listed as “that guy” and that time you dialed my number my heart stopped, I literally thought I was going to die.



You tore me inside out, fucked me up, and basically ruined two years of my life. But you gave me the most beautiful ¾ of a year that I’ve ever had.



I’m basically always on the scout for someone new. I hope they can live up to you, or at least be a distraction.  





Love always,

Me

© 2009 grotesqedetail


Author's Note

grotesqedetail
This was just a letter from me to my ex boyfriend that will never be sent. You'll see a lot of unsent letters if you keep looking at my work.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was good

Posted 14 Years Ago


Like FairOphelia, I don't know whether you really want criticism since it is something personal.
This is definitely a cute letter, about a broken dream of the past ... It seems to be very honest as well, no wonder you didn't want to show it to him. Wow. That must have been really hard - but I don't want to pry about your private life.
The only thing I stumbled across was the "3/4" - it looks a bit odd; I would advise you to write it out instead.
Personally, I wasn't confused by the jump between the first two paragraphs.
Just my two cents. Hope you're better now!
Yours, Anju

Posted 14 Years Ago


Okay, seeing as this is a letter, I don't know whether you want any criticism or not. If not, then ignore this next bit.

I think that as a whole this is cool, but the jump from the first paragraph into the second was a bit confusing. I think there needs to be a better connection between the two. Also, 'fucked me up' could be replaced by something without a swear word (I'm not a fan of swearing in writing) and it wouldn't lose it's impact.

One of the things you could do is to develop this further so there's more meat to it. I think it could be really good. Good job anyway :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2009