bad day

bad day

A Chapter by CHRIS ANDES
"

...walk of faith...

"

where is the passion when you need it the most?

You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost,

..you’re faking a smile with the coffee you go,

You tell me your life’s been way off line..”

 

            This is how Daniel Powter  revealed a profound inconsiderate unfulfilling phenomenon of almost seven-hundred-minute of disappointment and rejection as incorporated by such symphonic lyrical-catharsis which he preferred to  call a ‘bad day’. As the beating goes through my once-dreary-tainted-luck suddenly twisted into a glimpse of smile. Ironic. That’s all I can say after I was caught in the middle of a once-viewed perfect day slowly pissed off.

            When you wake up early, open your mail, you’ve been waiting for days, to see if you got any from your friends just to figure out there’s nothing but the emptiness itself, it’s BETRAYAL; when you hunt for job, cheered up as you can yet nobody dared to call, it’s REJECTION;  when you tried to write for W. C. and writer’s block friended you, it’s a DAMN! Life eventually goes on with or without you. But at the end of the day you’ll just end up laughing at yourself, thinking about how you’ve done silly things for silly stuff. You still got your essence, right? I’m not merely talking about existentialism here or how people exist first then finding out their real purpose later. This is more of considering the fact that there’s still a thin red line that deviates sanity from insanity and that’s what you call OPTION. Care if pain sits beside you the whole day?; or solitude embraced you for comfort; or even tears become your only glimmering accessory; the thing is, you still have the choice of just absorbing the reality itself and become passive or free yourself and walk for hope. The fact that after a day of twist and turns and listening to this absurd song, I know I do the right choice, as my lips curved to smile while this destined sonata keeps on tellin’ me, I had a  bad day.


coz you had a bad day, you’re taking one down

You sing a sad song just to turn it around,

You work at a smile and you go for a ride

..you had a bad day…

You had a bad day…”






© 2013 CHRIS ANDES


Author's Note

CHRIS ANDES
I had to write every word as my mind dictates me to, so pardon me for vague ideas, run-ons and fragments
=]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

great chapter! keep writing, its obvious you've got something going for you with this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

thanks reaper =]
A very strong opening chapter. I like the thoughts in the chapter. Gave reason and purpose for the story. You got my attention. I will keep reading.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

thank you =]
Great job! Love it! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


nice piece i love it!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

good thing you like it
thanks
=]
that was awesome! and sooo true! keep up the good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

thanks Al
=]
Calibaster

11 Years Ago

You're welcome!
Very nice. I can relate very well to this piece. Just keep in ind it will get better, something will come along and make it easier. Make it easier to smile, easier to connect, easier to be with people and friends. It will happen at the right time. Just be patient. I'm there with you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


CHRIS ANDES

11 Years Ago

thanks a lot =]

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

865 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 5, 2012
Last Updated on November 22, 2013


Author

CHRIS ANDES
CHRIS ANDES

[email protected]



About
as you decided to look at this profile you are actually opening a psychoelectromagnetic world of music. Any information that your intellectual curiousity desires to know just hit the mes.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sleep Sleep

A Poem by ewest1220