Continuous Quality and Improvement

Continuous Quality and Improvement

A Story by Tony Logan
"

In this abstract, the author tries to describe a personal life experience

"

Patient safety that may be commonly referred to as prevention of harm is a core responsibility of nurses because these professionals in health care should promote the culture of safety, minimize risks of possible adverse events, and protect patients from different types of injuries, including accidental and preventable. The current aims to shed light on the contribution of these employees to patient safety. Moreover, much emphasis will be placed on the paramount importance of continuous quality and improvement for nurses. Finally, the essay will discuss the main reasons why the latter should have a solid knowledge base in theories, key concepts, and, finally, available tools and resources to safeguard best practices and maintain safety in work settings.

Continuous quality and improvement purposed to enhance patient safety do not only involve building knowledge, but also applying it appropriately. In other words, nurses are responsible for knowing the theory and key concepts in nursing and should possess enough experience and skills to use their knowledge in order to contribute to positive health outcomes in patients. They should understand nursing principles to safeguard people and promote their health and well-being. It is critically important for nurses to be aware that continuous quality and improvement is a complex and versatile process directly linked to quality assurance and perfection, as well as effective problem resolution. Those specialists who understand theories and know how to use available resources will provide high quality services that correspond to appropriate standards, as well as will be able to cope with challenging situations and enhance cooperation at all organizational levels. Nurses should be empowered and motivated to use all available methods of care and knowledge to maximize positive outcomes of health care service delivery.

Moreover, in order to optimize their practice, nurses should focus on the meaningful use of knowledge, skills, and available tools because these resources give a chance to meet many other professional goals. They lead to a significant improvement in the health status of patients, enhanced interaction and communication among nurses, increased satisfaction, collaborative and cohesive team, realistic and achievable goals and objectives, and focus on continuous betterment of processes and procedures. The balanced integration of theory and practice has a positive impact on the behavior and performance of every employee who relies on knowledge, nursing theories, concepts, and available tools. Continuous quality and improvement will assist nurses in effective planning and adopting significant proactive strategies in the process of care delivery to lead to positive health outcomes.

Since enhancing the quality of services and patient safety are responsibilities of every nurse, they should put all their efforts in order to achieve a real, long-term and sustained improvement by applying their knowledge and utilizing all available resources. The ability to build and defend a business case for CQI is critically important for nursing professionals today because it contributes to the culture of safety, reduces potential safety risks, and promotes positive health outcomes. In order to defend the business case for CQI in different work settings, nurses should use effective technology and safe equipment, avoid ineffective practices and services, focus on early and timely actions, and enhance collaboration among employees.

In conclusion, CQI is a patient-oriented philosophy purposed to contribute to the safety of patients in all healthcare settings. The maintenance of safer systems and services of care delivery is fundamental for nurses because it gives a chance to reduce the frequency and severity of challenges in health care. Nurses should have thorough knowledge of nursing theories, rely on core concepts, and effectively utilize all available tools and resources to enhance patient safety because it is the cornerstone of professional health care services.

© 2020 Tony Logan


Author's Note

Tony Logan
Tony Logan is a talented writer at https://premiumqualityessays.com. He likes to depict his thoughts on paper.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on June 30, 2020
Last Updated on June 30, 2020

Author

Tony Logan
Tony Logan

IA



About
Hello, I'm Tony. My life is closely connected to music. Very often, when I have free time, music helps me to express my ideas on the paper. As I work as a freelance writer at premiumqualityessays.com... more..