Dinner

Dinner

A Story by tonymad11392
"

A short horror story making fun of 1950s America

"

Dinner

By Anthony Maddaleni

 

The table was set and the food was almost done.

 

It would certainly be a good meal.

 

So dear, he said, how was your day?

 

Oh, just great honey, while I was watching little Johnny at preschool today he fell from the monkey bars and hit his head on the gravel!

 

Thats great honey, he said, is little Johnny ok?

 

Absolutely, he'll be out of his room in a little while

 

Did you go to the hospital? he said in a slightly ominous tone

 

No, she said increduously hospital's are for environmentalist sexually liberated liberals, the only way for little Johnny to become a man is to deal with his injuries himself and to get a job, she said, clearly satisfied with herself.

 

I am working on that he said, and smiled, a fly landed on his face and entered his nose, he did not seem to notice.

 

Johnny! she said, dinner's ready!

 

The door upstairs swung open and the sound of youthful exuberance permeated the small household, the footsteps of little Johnny increased in speed as they descended the stairs and he entered the room, a benevolent grin on his face.

Son! he said, I heard about the little booboo you got today, never to early to get acquainted with the old scabs eh?

 

No sir dad! little Johnny said, as the open gash on his forhead seemed to pulse a thick oozing paste that was dark in color. The dark blood began to drip on the floor and Professor Sparkey (!) the family's golden retriever (good ol' fashioned American dog!) began to lap up the scarlet bodily fluids.

 

There we go Sparkey! he said, thats a gooooood booooooy!

Now little Johnny, she said sternly, sit down and wait so I can get the turkey, or you'll get the tire iron again she said in a semi-joking manner.

 

Ok mom, oh boy I just love turkey, but that tire iron sure isn't nice mom!

No it isn't son, he chimed in, but you need to be broken in and made into a man at some point.

 

Yeah dad your right, and littly Johnny sat down (blood now dripped onto the his plate and the words I LOVE GOD that were inscribed on the plate were partially obscured by the growing puddle of red liquid.)

 

It was then she walked into the room, a red oven mit adorned her left hand and on the plate that she held was a plump, golden brown turkey.

 

An American bird! he said

 

An American bird! little Johnny echoed.

 

She placed the turkey on the table and she sat down, satisfied with herself.

Now, he said, lets say grace

 

They clasped hands with one another around the table and the turkey began to twitch slightly.

 

It then began to shake violently and a low growl suddenly eminated from the cooked bird.

 

When the prayer was concluded the turkey was rolling on the table, its grease covered every area of the white tablecloth and it was screaming, one solid note filled with an unumaginable amount of pain and agony.

 

Oh, she said, its doing THAT again, lets eat it anyway.

 

YAAA! little Johnny said, I love when it does that!

 

Me too! he said

 

little Johnnny, would you like to do the honors?, she said

 

Yeah sure mom!

 

little Johnny took the knife and promptly cut the turkey open, blood spilled out and the three happy family members laughed in unison, they would certainly eat heartily tonight.

 

The End

© 2010 tonymad11392


Author's Note

tonymad11392
please tell me what you think, I wrote this in a fairly short period of time

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hm. It really sets a good tone, though I don't know for sure if it's true to the time period you set it in (1950's)... but it may be, I don't know. It's well written, but some use of quotation marks could make it easier to read. Other than that, well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I actually really liked it. It was kind of dark and twisted. Reallu cool!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hm. It really sets a good tone, though I don't know for sure if it's true to the time period you set it in (1950's)... but it may be, I don't know. It's well written, but some use of quotation marks could make it easier to read. Other than that, well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 22, 2010
Last Updated on July 22, 2010

Author

tonymad11392
tonymad11392

Boston, MA



About
I am a college sophomore who enjoys writing, reading, and contemplating the mysteries of our universe more..

Writing
Taut Taut

A Poem by tonymad11392


Katie Katie

A Poem by tonymad11392