Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by tooschoolforcool

It was a really quiet ride home, with Jason, and when I got home I went strait to my room Zoe had to work late, so she wasn’t home. This day was awful, everything that could have went bad did, I started at a new school,  saw my brother punch a kid, saw my dead grandmother and she gave me some odd information, Barbie gave me a “makeover”  and a d bag thought it would be a good idea to make out with me. Oh such a fun day. 

When I woke up the next morning and I found Brody sitting in the kitchen looking at the counter very seriously. “Hey” I say as I open the fridge and take out the milk. “We need to talk.” Brody says as he puts his fingers through his hair. “Ok” I nod. I put the milk down and sit next to him. I look into his eyes, “Shoot.” Brody sighs, “I’m sorry for last night Ry that should have never happened. It’s all...” I interrupted him,“Wait wait wait, what happened last night was so not your fault, Hayden is just a jerk who wanted to play with your buttons. Don’t be sorry Brody, its not your fault, we should have guessed that he would try to hurt you using me, at some point. It just happened that he tried it last night. Don’t let it get to you.” I put my hand on his arm. “Your right he would have happen at some point and I’m going to make sure he is never near you again. I won’t let him hurt my Ry. So the boys and I came up with a plan.” He half smiles at me. “Oh god, you and “the boys” made a plan? Are you going to lock me in a tower with a dragon to guard me?” I can already tell I’m going to hate this plan and there will be nothing I can do to change it. I sigh better get this over with, “Ok  what is your master plan?”  Brody grins, “Wherever you go one of the guys with be with you, they will walk you to classes, drive you home, go around town with you and go to parties with you. Hayden won’t even be able to be in the same room as you.” I can tell in his eyes he thinks this is a brilliant plan. This is horrible! I am going to have a freaking body guard anywhere I go! “Are you out of your mind?” I look at him like he’s crazy. He frowns “What do you mean?” I shake my head “I can’t have a soccer playing body guard at all times! Like thats a  way to make friends! Hi my names Rylee oh are you wondering why a senior jock is following me around oh its a funny story. Like come on Brody!” I can tell Brody is getting angry “Rylee Elizabeth Luck, I am your older brother and it is my job to protect you and I am doing what I think is best. It won’t just be seniors it is anyone on varsity and junior varsity and they wont be standing next you you the whole time. They will just be in the same area with you like one of them will be in one of your classes and follow you to make sure you make it to your next class safely. You will not even notice that they are there and most of the time it will be me with you.” I am so pissed.  I don’t want people stalking me! I yell, “Do you want to ruin my life? Seriously Brody, YOUR NOT DAD!”

Right when it came out of my mouth I new a shouldn’t have said it. I start running out of the house, I need to get away from Brody right now. Right before I slammed the door I heard Brody scream. “HE LEFT ME TO PROTECT YOU!” I keep running I have no idea where I am going but I keep going strait passing house after house until the next thing I know I’m on the beach, I didn’t know we lived near a beach. Right were the water meets sand I plop on the ground and stop sobbing. Then I realized that I’m still in my PJ’s, which consist of my old black Maypearl track shirt, a pair of neon blue boxer shorts, and socks. Great.

I sit there sobbing for who nows how long. I don’t see any sign of people even though there are beach houses all around me. I am holding my legs close to me and hiding my face in them when I hear a voice. “Oh Ry Ry everything will be fine” Oh great that sounds like grandma, time for me to seem crazy again. “Brody is just being protective. You know he does and says stupid things when he is being all protective.” I hear the voice say. I look up and see Grandma sitting next to me with one arm on my shoulder. “Does he really think that he can keep a body guard on me at all time?” I say. Grandma smiles at me, “Hun, thats what he thinks is best for you as bad as it is, he is doing it for your safety.” I shake my head, “But I don’t want to live my life being followed always being scared Hayden will be behind the next corner.” Tears still escape me even though I’m trying to pull myself together again. “I think people will shock you,” she grins. What does she mean people will shock you? That makes no sense at all I think being dead is getting to Grandma. Did I really just think that? Wow how long until they check me into an insane asylum? Then grandma said,  “How about this let Brody have secret service watch you and that way I will be able to train you with out Brody finding it weird how much time you will spend in your room. Then when you are done training we will work on getting Brody to let up on the secret service.” She winks. “What is this training thing you want me to do?” I ask. “Oh you will find out soon enough just promise me that you will put up with Brody’s secret service for a little bit. Please for grandma?” She smiles. I sigh, “Ok I guess.” “Good, now your in for a little treat.” Grandma winks again and disappears. 

“Treat what?” Right as I say this I see a huge figure walking down the beach. Who is that? Then it hits me, its Hayden. What the hell! How is this a treat Grandma! As he walks closer I see he is still in the same white t-shirt and jeans from last night. He’s a mess he has a huge blood stain down the front of his shirt and his right eye is swollen shut. He is about about 500 feet away when he yells out, “What the hell are you doing here?” He’s voice is raspy like he is still in pain. I try to gather my thoughts when I look down and see my PJ’s again and I can feel that my face is still puffy from crying, I probably look just as bad as him, this will be fun to explain.  “Having a nice little stroll on the beach” I say as I stand up just incase I have to run. He give’s an arrogant smile “Oh really thats why your sitting on the ground,” He looks me up and down, “And in that you look like you just rolled out of bed.” I roll my eye’s “Thanks for the complement,” I sigh, “I don’t have to explain myself to you.”

I cross my arms and look at him not knowing what else to say. Hayden walks closer to me and I notice that he’s limping. “Sassy, you don’t take any s**t do you?” he chuckles, I start looking for ways to leave the beach and be as fair away from this d bag as possible and he notices.“It’s ok I’m not going to try to pull the s**t I tried to pull last night.” When he finishes talking he is standing right in front of me. He raises his hand to my cheek and wipes away the last remaining tear. “You were crying,” he says. “Yeah, you do you care?” I say as I start playing with my hair. I need to get the conversation of me before I spill my guts. 

I look at his swollen eye. “Did my..” I can’t say my brother because I am still so mad at Brody I don’t even want to call him my brother, so Hayden finishes my sentence it for me. “Your brother do this? um yeah him and his friends had fun with my face.” He says it like he is talking about a football game or something, like its no big deal. “Are you ok?” I say. I don’t really care if he is because he was feeling me up but I decide to act pleasant.”Yeah I’ll be fine. Look I’m sorry for the way I treated you I just was trying to piss your brother off and well as you can see it worked pretty well. So will you forgive me?” He smirks. Looks like I’m going to be a b***h now. “No, for three reasons. One you felt me up. Two you pissed off my brother. And three you ruined my life because now I am going to be watched all the time by my new body guards that consist of the entire soccer team! So no I don’t forgive you.” I yell and storm off in the other direction. 

The thing is like 3 of my steps equal 1 of his, even though he is limping, so he caught up to me in seconds. He laughs, “You brother has you covered in body guards thats priceless!” I give him the death stare, “Its not funny.” He looks at me with a smile “No not at all” I roll my eyes and start walking faster. He touches my arm gently and immediately I pull way. “Why were you crying?” He says looking at me like he really cares why I was crying. Why the hell does he care? I stop in my tracks and turn to face him. Great I feel word vomit about to happen. 

I look at the ground as I mumble, “I yelled at my brother something awful when he told me about my body guards.” Hayden nods. “What did you say?” I can feel his eyes on me. I look up at him holding back my tears again. “Your not dad,” I whispered and look to the ground as a single tear escapes me and I wipe it away as fast as I can. Hayden puts a finger under my chin and guides me back to his eyes, well eye. “Everything will be ok,” I shake his finger away. “You don’t have to be nice to me I’m not crying.” I say as I try to keep a strait face. “But you need to,” He says and with out my permission pulls me to him. He puts one hand on the back of my head and the other on my waist and doesn’t let me go. “Everything will be ok Rylee,” When he says that I burst into tears again.



© 2012 tooschoolforcool


Author's Note

tooschoolforcool
Edit if you want. Any comment helps!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on April 2, 2012
Last Updated on April 2, 2012


Author

tooschoolforcool
tooschoolforcool

About
I am a 15 year old girl who love to write even though I'm not that good. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by tooschoolforcool