chapter 9

chapter 9

A Chapter by tooschoolforcool

We walked into the house. “Sit down at the kitchen table where is the first aid kit?” I say. Hayden nods, “Under the kitchen sink.” I open the cabinet and grab the first aid kit and walk over to were Hayden is sitting. When I get to the table I say to Hayden, “This is probably going to hurt like a b***h.” I half smile. He sighs and says, “Yeah but it needs to be done.” I start to wipe off the main cut above his eye. I can tell its hurting him because he keeps clenching his teeth and holding his breath. I stop cleaning his cut and look into his eyes. “Hayden breath. Holding your breath isn’t going to make it hurt less and I really don’t want to deal with you if you pass out.” I say trying to lighten the mood. Hayden nods “Ok I’ll try.” I go back to cleaning his face. 

When I finish cleaning his face I open the first aid kit. “What are you going to put on it.” Hayden says nervously. “Um Neosporin why? What else would I put on it? A bandage? You would look ridiculous.” I say. He lets out a sigh, “Good I thought you were going to put a bandage on it.”  I laugh, “I can put one on it if you like,” “No, no thanks I’m good,” Hayden nods. I take out the biggest bandage in the first aid kit, “I think this one will work great!” I laugh as I pretend to put it on him. “Your hilarious,” Hayden says monotone. I roll my eyes and finish cleaning his eye. 

When I finish I say “Ok time to take off your shirt.” He gives me a look like I am crazy. I shake my head and say, “I can tell you were cut on your ribs by the blood on your shirt.”  “Oh I though you just wanted to look at my rockin bod.” He grins and starts taking off his shirt. “Oh yeah deff” I say. Hayden throws his shirt on the ground. His body is perfect not too defined but not fat either, it is defiantly all muscle. “Are you checking me out,” He has a huge grin on his face. “No, no,” S**t I got caught, “I am looking at your bruises.” He has bruises all over him all different sizes and all different colors. “Damn you look like a freaking rainbow.” I say, He laughs “Well thats not good,” Then I notice it on his side he has a major gash on his side that is extremely deep. “Oh god,” I say, my face goes white. “whats wrong?” Hayden asks. “You have a hole in your side,” I say. “What?” Hayden looks, “Oh God what are we going to do? should I go to the hospital?” I shake my head it is too old their is nothing they can do you are going to have to just take really good care of it until it heals. Also getting all the sand out of this is going to hurt like a b***h.” I look in the first aid kit and I don’t see anything that will help clean it, I need peroxide. I look at Hayden “Do you happen to know if you have peroxide?” He shakes his head, “If we have any it would be under the sink.” I nod and go look. 

Magically their is some, I walk back over to Hayden. “Ok this is going to really hurt so find a happy place.” He nods and I start putting the peroxide on the gash. As I start to clean it I notice Hayden smiling. “What are you smiling about?” I ask. He looks strait at me, “My happy place.” I ask “And what is your happy place?” Hayden puts his hand on my cheek and pulls my face closer to his. “My happy place is with you.” He says and kisses me. I kiss him back. This feels go good so right. Right as I am falling into the kiss I snap right out of it and pull back. “No we can’t do this. My brother would hurt you again and I don’t want you to get hurt over me.”  A single tear falls down my cheek. I put the peroxide down and kiss Hayden’s cheek and walked out.  

I find my way back to Zoes house and walk in the front door were Brody and Zoe are pacing around the kitchen. When Brody sees me he runs over to me and pulls me into a hug. “Oh Ry I’m so sorry. Things got out of hand this morning I never meant to make you angry at me I just want to protect you. I’m so sorry,” Brody says.  “No I’m sorry Brody I over reacted. I understand that your are trying to protect me. The reason I ran was because I needed to clear my head and I did and I realized that you are right. That I might be smart to have an extra set of eyes for a little while.” Brody grins and hugs me tighter. “I am so glad to hear that from you Ry.” I smile even though I am dying inside. Tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of my life here in Kennebuck Maine, being kept away from the one person who makes me happy here. 



© 2012 tooschoolforcool


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

111 Views
Added on July 1, 2012
Last Updated on July 1, 2012


Author

tooschoolforcool
tooschoolforcool

About
I am a 15 year old girl who love to write even though I'm not that good. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by tooschoolforcool